• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The basin has already groomed the ribbon of death as can be seen on their webcam. The bottom is usually the last to get enough base but you can see that it already has enough.. My bet is Friday. and Ramrod by next weekend assuming we don't have a massive warm up that is not currently in the forecast. Looks like probably snow making temps probably tonight but sketchy tomorrow and Thursday but back to great overnight snow making temps as far as the eye can see starting Friday night.

Jealous!!!

I need to get on my ski and boot purchases :)

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
The basin has already groomed the ribbon of death as can be seen on their webcam. The bottom is usually the last to get enough base but you can see that it already has enough.. My bet is Friday. and Ramrod by next weekend assuming we don't have a massive warm up that is not currently in the forecast. Looks like probably snow making temps probably tonight but sketchy tomorrow and Thursday but back to great overnight snow making temps as far as the eye can see starting Friday night.

I am not seeing any grooming at A Basin and like yesterday, where the snow guns are there isn't even as much as a baby whale. They have a ways to go before they are open. They generally open with High Noon and with snow guns on that trail, they are not grooming it any time soon.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had to go there about 10 days ago and they still had a logging operation going. There was little to no parking in the lower lot. It was full with logs ready for transport along with huge chipper piles. I wonder if that all got cleared out.

Eddie S

Putting on skis
Skier
A bit off the thread topic, but I noticed that Wolf Creek has moved up its expected opening date to 11/3. Fingers crossed...

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
And the winner is....
Timberline to open Palmer October 7th for advanced skiers & riders
Timberline is pleased to announce it will be opening Palmer Snowfield on weekends for skiing and snowboarding starting Oct. 7 and 8 (weather permitting). The Palmer Chairlift will operate from 8am to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Lift tickets are $61 each and will be available at Guest Services in Timberline’s Wy’East Day Lodge. 2017/2018 Timberline Season Pass holders may use their new pass!

There will be some snow grooming on Palmer for a better experience; however, conditions can change rapidly. Early season snow conditions are extremely variable with the possibility of ice in the mornings and thaw in the afternoon. Skiers and riders are urged to use extreme caution. The Palmer Snowfield is recommended for advanced skiers and riders only.

Stay tuned to the Timberline Lodge Conditions page for future operating times and lift schedule. The operating schedule will be dependent on weather conditions.

Terrain parks are not scheduled to open at this time.

For those not interested in skiing or riding but very interested in seeing the snow at Timberline, come up and enjoy hiking and sightseeing around the lodge (sledding and tubing is not permitted). Many of Timberline’s Mt. Hood restaurants will also be open offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with a view.

Be advised: Palmer Snowfield conditions are suitable for advanced skiers and riders only.

Be aware and be safe, early season conditions exist.

Purchase your Timberline Season Pass!

Reactions: nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
A-Basin and Loveland are both projecting 36 straight hours of snowmaking with the storm that just came through.

Both should be able to open if they want to get it started. At 7,400 feet overnight temps and morning...

3E4BCD4E-0DA7-49C8-9E4C-51FA5D2AD958.jpeg F434F682-8F31-4738-954F-2A7FE178FF70.jpeg

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Luv has a ways to go. This warm up hasn't helped them much. It's 50 degrees now at chair 1 where they need the most help. Only got down to 37 last night. They hope to resume snowmaking soon but they may only get a few hours Sat and Sun nights. Hopefully it will cool down again.

Sponsor

Staff online