• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Luv has a ways to go. This warm up hasn't helped them much. It's 50 degrees now at chair 1 where they need the most help. Only got down to 37 last night. They hope to resume snowmaking soon but they may only get a few hours Sat and Sun nights. Hopefully it will cool down again.

We may have just A-Basin for a few weeks yet again.

9243DD39-0BE1-41FF-9B9F-A073C203F383.png

Although...

8E64B853-EDE5-4E4A-B991-582018672054.png

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
It was 25 in Frisco this morning. It was only forecast to go down to 32 but no idea how that translated at altitude.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Speaking of silly... Has Hillington announced an opening date this year? :D

Much like Loveland, Hillington’s COO is meeting with the Ready Ice team to discuss final plans. Which if Loveland actually gets open, could be in jeopardy...

F7A222FA-1E64-41D7-9350-C44A33BAFBAF.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...the Ready Ice team...

reddy-ice.gif

Reactions: nay

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grand Targhee is reporting a 29" base and 45" of snow season to date. Opening isn't scheduled until Nov. 17.

Last year Alta opened to powder and a soft bottom on most of the hill. I'm thinking Targhee could be something like that. WROD-s are great but powder everywhere is slightly better.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Uh-hem . . . While you Westerners gloat, we're twiddling our thumbs.

Here are a few projected dates (sometimes) for a few northern New England resorts — opening dates are wishes that may come true if it stops raining.

Vermont

Killington: blowing snow (that's recent, BTW), but no projected opening date.

Okemo: projected opening: Nov. 11. No snow making has happened, though, so . . .

Mount Snow: Nope.

Sugarbush: Nov. 18, snowmaking begins Nov. 3 (two new lifts this season, incidentally)

Stowe: In theory, the season will run Nov. 17 - April 15. NSM currently.

Statton: Nov. 22. NSM

Bromley: Snowmaking will be happening "before you know it."

Magic: Uh-huh. Dec. 9th? Ullr?

Smuggler's Notch: Dec. 8 maybe?

MRG: Crossed fingers + Ullr = Dec. 9

New Hampshire

Cannon:
Not saying.

Wildcat: Well, they've tested their snowmaking equipment.

Attitash: stoked

Bretton Woods: Snow reports still talk about last season, which was a nice one, apparently.

Loon: Snowmakers are on standby. Mother Nature isn't saying.

Gunstock: 80th anniversary season, but when does it start?

Sunapee: Think Snow!

Crotched: "Winter is right around the bend."

Maine

Sugarloaf: Opening "around Thanksgiving, weather permitting," after having missed "seven feet of snow" by 15 degrees. They have plenty of raging rivers and downed trees, however, which is a consolation. (We had that storm here, too. It was pretty intense.)

Sunday River: Always in the running for first open, they blew their first serious snow on Oct. 17, and will start the season "ASAP." (They have a new lift going in, too.)

Saddleback: Saddleback? http://majellagroup.com/saddlebackmaine/qanda-saddleback-june17.pdf & http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=610

That's all I have the heart for at the moment. I'll post this over in the New England thread, too — some of us have been avoiding this thread, probably.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Grand Targhee is reporting a 29" base and 45" of snow season to date. Opening isn't scheduled until Nov. 17.

Last year Alta opened to powder and a soft bottom on most of the hill. I'm thinking Targhee could be something like that. WROD-s are great but powder everywhere is slightly better.

Skinned half way up Wild Turkey to midway cutoff today- hard work for old men. maybe 60-70 cars in the parking lot and lots of people and dogs hiking up Could push pole down to "S" in Scott before hitting bottom at mid mountain. At home measured it at 32-33". Website says 50" base so it could be. Supposed to get more snow the next couple of days-just a few inches. Cool days- highs in low 40's coming and cold nights forecast -couple single digits nights and some more snow coming so the snow should settle good. Snow was wind packed in places and soft in sheltered areas- Wind was blowing a bit out in the open. The local TV station just had a short interview with the Tamarack manager and they plan on opening early if the snow keeps up. Have to take it easy tomorrow- or maybe not! Targee 11-5-17.JPG

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
These folks passed me on the skin track-way more capable than myself! The news just posted a winter storm warning for the ID-WYO border counties. Bummer deal! More snow!

skinners.JPG

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Doubt if Targhee opens earlier than the 17th- Tamarack is supposed to open 12-8-they got 25" yesterday! Lorenzzo, u familiar with Targhee?

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Big sky is getting their snow also 24" in 24hrs- Opening day is thanksgiving. Sun Valley plans on opening then too but they didn't get any out of this recent storm- the web cam shows more brown than white. They can make a lotta snow quick to augment what they do receive.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Doubt if Targhee opens earlier than the 17th- Tamarack is supposed to open 12-8-they got 25" yesterday! Lorenzzo, u familiar with Targhee?
I am somewhat and plan to have it be my getaway so I'll be spending more time there this winter. Do you live in the area?

Sponsor