• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Ziggy getting some dessert...
18557331_1344499408951271_6398736969751424500_n.jpg

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Rex is nicely filled out. I've met a lot of GSDs about that age that are still pretty gangly.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Rex is nicely filled out. I've met a lot of GSDs about that age that are still pretty gangly.

He is only 80 lbs, which is right in the middle of the range for adult GSDs. He was pretty scrawny when we got him a year ago as a rescue off the reservation, but he has filled out nicely, and it's all muscle. I think he must have survived his first year catching wild desert rabbits, he drools every time he seems one know.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I wish I could get that close to either of my dogs without them moving around and ruining the picture!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
20170530_150723.jpg
20170530_121823.jpg

Cooper has been chewing at the base of his tail enough that it is all scabbed over and needs to heal. Poor guy. Poor me, too - I need to put ointment not only on the scab, but also on his butthole. I swear to dog, the things I do for my creatures ...

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't TE="Monique, post: 117273, member: 61"] View attachment 25002 View attachment 25003

Cooper has been chewing at the base of his tail enough that it is all scabbed over and needs to heal. Poor guy. Poor me, too - I need to put ointment not only on the scab, but also on his butthole. I swear to dog, the things I do for my creatures ...[/QUOTE]
Don't feel too bad. My cousin has had a list of "problem" dogs, all adopted from local pound. Had one who'd chase his tail and even while on doggie downers he bit his tail right off

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Had one who'd chase his tail and even while on doggie downers he bit his tail right off

:eek:

Man. That's pretty bad. Cooper is always itchy, especially in the spring. I suspect he may be allergic to grass ...

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
:eek:

Man. That's pretty bad. Cooper is always itchy, especially in the spring. I suspect he may be allergic to grass ...

My vet put Sprocket on Apoquel, when the usual antihistamines didn't work. Really cuts down on the itching. He doesn't get skin infections any more, as long as I remember to give him his pill. Or in Sprocket's case, 1/4 pill.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sweetie, our 14-year-old Australian Shepherd (on left), and Dorothy, our 4-year-old black lab/something? rescue. Her mom as a black lab who was a stray and gave birth in a shelter. We think Dorothy is part Catahoula Leopard Dog, mostly due to her hunting behavior and lack of any kind of herding dog instincts.
image.jpg

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Sweetie, our 14-year-old Australian Shepherd (on left), and Dorothy, our 4-year-old black lab/something? rescue. Her mom as a black lab who was a stray and gave birth in a shelter. We think Dorothy is part Catahoula Leopard Dog, mostly due to her hunting behavior and lack of any kind of herding dog instincts. View attachment 25039
Some good looking pups !

Sponsor

Staff online