• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

agreen

Getting on the lift
Skier
upload_2017-6-1_19-28-28.png

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
So our ski resort home becomes a golf resort in summer......

Drake after his morning romp out on the golf course......

He looks all pleased with himself,....... Right up until the vacuum cleaner came out to tidy him up a bit..... :roflmao:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
:eek:

Man. That's pretty bad. Cooper is always itchy, especially in the spring. I suspect he may be allergic to grass ...
My last Shepherd had some type of seasonal contact allergy. As long as I got her into the vet right away - a shot of cortisone took care of it. If I waited too long, we always had to do the antibiotic thing!

Damn good looking dogs! When did you get the 2nd pup?

agreen

Getting on the lift
Skier
My last Shepherd had some type of seasonal contact allergy. As long as I got her into the vet right away - a shot of cortisone took care of it. If I waited too long, we always had to do the antibiotic thing!

Damn good looking dogs! When did you get the 2nd pup?
Thanks! The one on the left (Toby) is 8 months old. Got him early December. Really good dog with an old soul

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
Out working on an out of state project, and had to leave the dogs at home with my wife. Wow do I miss them (the wife too of course).

Thanks everyone for sharing your fur-babies, it helps.

I work away for 2 weeks at a time too,...... My wife sends me a daily doggus pic of Drake,.... Helps keep me sane. ;)

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
I work away for 2 weeks at a time too,...... My wife sends me a daily doggus pic of Drake,.... Helps keep me sane. ;)

Last nights daily doggus pic,..... Snuggles after dinner with mom.

Too cute to not share.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Last nights daily doggus pic,..... Snuggles after dinner with mom.

Too cute to not share.

Question: what do you have to do to keep fly-away fur like that from developing unmanageable knots?

Loki has soft fur like that behind his ears, and we're always coming after him with scissors.

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
Question: what do you have to do to keep fly-away fur like that from developing unmanageable knots?

Loki has soft fur like that behind his ears, and we're always coming after him with scissors.

Drake gets a good brushing once or twice a week,..... More often if he's been out submarining in powder snow or rolling in fresh cut wet grass (both are favourites of his).

He does get knots behind his ears & they are trimmed out,..... His feet get trimmed every few weeks because he gets "Hobbit feet" where the fur sticks out from between his toes,.... It actually looks quite funny & just like Hobbits's ;)

A full blown grooming will take 45 minutes or so where as just a good brushing will be 10 minutes.

He is a double coated doggus and his undercoat very seldom knots or misbehaves.

Drake is a Canadian Champion show dog so he is well used to being groomed & that makes things a lot easier.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So our ski resort home becomes a golf resort in summer......

Drake after his morning romp out on the golf course......

He looks all pleased with himself,....... Right up until the vacuum cleaner came out to tidy him up a bit..... :roflmao:

The look on his face is hysterical! I be he's got some sass!

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid