• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Our group from our little bump outside Detroit had a good time at the Nastar Nationals as well. My son scored Gold in the Men 21-29 Gold Division and my colleagues took Silver and Bronze in the Men 55-59 Gold Division and Men 40-44 Silver Division respectively. Unfortunately I missed the podium in Men 60-64 Gold by .24 seconds. The attached photo with the Pacesetters was one of the highlights of my week. View attachment 21818
Which bump are you skiing? If I'm going to be home most of the winter I get a season pass to Pine Knob. They run NASTAR 3 days a week.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey, another fellow Michigander.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I do NASTAR and Masters. Would love to log times for Team PugSki.

Last edited:

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, another fellow Michigander.
Only for a couple more years.....We've been looking at homes in Big Cottonwood Canyon and Truckee. Not sure yet where we'll land, but retirement is close at hand and last school age child is finishing his sophomore year.....Stoked....

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Only for a couple more years.....We've been looking at homes in Big Cottonwood Canyon and Truckee. Not sure yet where we'll land, but retirement is close at hand and last school age child is finishing his sophomore year.....Stoked....
I don't do NASTAR myself, but I'm stoked to follow the Pugski team.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd encourge everyone who has the opportunity to try NASTAR. Running gates is a great way to improve your overall skiing.

Since 2004 I've only missed attending one Nationals (broken ribs). I'll be at Steamboat again this year.and hope to see many of you out there. I'm committed to TeamOkemo so I can't join Pugski but I'll wish you luck.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. It's one thing to carve nice turns at your leisure or as the terrain lends itself to but it's another to be forced to make turns at precise times and locations not of your choosing and in often times rutted out lines with mixed ice/snow underfoot all while trying to carry as much speed as possible. Racing improved my skiing a lot. A lot......and I got hooked.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Which bump are you skiing? If I'm going to be home most of the winter I get a season pass to Pine Knob. They run NASTAR 3 days a week.

Pine Knob is my home resort. I live 10 miles from there. Between teaching and coaching I am there 5 out of 7 days a week in addition to my regular job.

Karl

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pine Knob is my home resort. I live 10 miles from there. Between teaching and coaching I am there 5 out of 7 days a week in addition to my regular job.

Karl
I'm sure we've probably seen each other then. I got in a little over 20 days this winter before I had a mid February surgery that took me off the rest of the season. Really dicey weather this year. I live 1/2 mile from the Knob. The only way it could get easier is if they had gear lockers.....but then again I've a lot of skis.....I'll shoot you a PM Karl.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thread resurrection......it's that time of year again for the Pugski Nastar Team. Our team is Pugski.com and we can always use new and fast members.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Dang, totally forgot to do any Nastar this year. Sorry to let the team down...

Aaaaand...Winter Park has pulled the plug on their Nastar program. If only I'd gone last year, it probably would have been enough to put them over the top to keep it. Dang. Maybe I'll get a run or two in at Copper.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Am I the only one to put up times so far?

Tomorrow night. Unless they run out of digits on the clock.

But seriously, I'm still off the pugski NASTAR team as long as my league keeps depending on the "family and friends team" slot on the registration card. I'm getting slower anyway, so no big loss.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Tomorrow night. Unless they run out of digits on the clock.

But seriously, I'm still off the pugski NASTAR team as long as my league keeps depending on the "family and friends team" slot on the registration card. I'm getting slower anyway, so no big loss.

Our league is the same way. Hoping to get some gates on Friday, been a slow start to the year.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Am I the only one to put up times so far?

Just got my first beer league time this AM, so it should show up in the team results tomorrow.

Decent 1st run, DNFed on the second because the idiots who mounted the bindings did them wrong. Lost a ski,crashed hard, and went to put the ski back on and noticed the heel piece was way back. Fortunately, it happened on the flats by the second or third gate-if it had happened at high speed I could have gotten hurt much more than the bruised hand that I received. Atomic's Masters rep races with us and fixed them on the hill, while he shook his head at the incompetence. I'm going to stop out at the shop and complain-hate to see someone else get hurt because of their carelessness.

Sponsor