• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
OK, by this time next week I should have at least one and maybe two days worth of NASTAR added to the books for da team!

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Got four more days of results! We're now in the top 30% of all family/friends teams, but where are the results from the other people on the team???

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Got four more days of results! We're now in the top 30% of all family/friends teams, but where are the results from the other people on the team???

I am wondering the same. Would it be cheating if we got @ScotsSkier to clock some runs? By the way, @cbk , please feel free to train me for next season :)

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Heck no! AFAIK, anybody can do NASTAR runs!!!

I wonder what Daron Rahlves is up to these days? :yahoo:

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
AJ's son Aksel was chasing Daron down Steamboat last week and the poor kid broke his leg. I just got back from the "Boat" and the NASTAR Nationals. Of all the Nationals I've attended since 2004, this year was the best. With a recently broken collarbone I figured hitting gates was a bad idea so I left the skis at home and only raced on my snowboard picking up my 11th title in that discipline. All three of my grandsons made the podium and the youngest at age 5 became only the fouth racer in NASTAR history to win his age group in both skiing AND boarding. The photo below shows him being held up by four-time OIympian AJ Kitt. Click on the image to watch a recap of the event. Plan on joining us next year!

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Our group from our little bump outside Detroit had a good time at the Nastar Nationals as well. My son scored Gold in the Men 21-29 Gold Division and my colleagues took Silver and Bronze in the Men 55-59 Gold Division and Men 40-44 Silver Division respectively. Unfortunately I missed the podium in Men 60-64 Gold by .24 seconds. The attached photo with the Pacesetters was one of the highlights of my week.
Pine Knob Nastar Podium.jpg

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice skiing! I would have raced against you. We're planning a western tour for next year which may include the Nationals ( I went in 2011), although I move up to 65-69.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I guess we should consider this a "building year"................ogsmile

That's right, bitches, we started the team... Where were you??? :roflmao:

I don't really consider myself remotely qualified to be a race coach per se, but I can give novices a couple of pointers to get you started. Gathering next March!!! (I do know an instructor at DV that's pretty awesome in the race arena, however ...)

Last edited:

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
You may have just been joined by a single digit handicapper.... ;)
Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the growing ranks of our NASTAR Family/Friends team: Team PugSki.com :yahoo:

I don't know where you usually ski, but hopefully Vail will keep things as they are with NASTAR at Park City = unlimited NASTAR runs with an Epic Local pass, you only pay if you run a medal time and want the actual medal, $5/medal. Deer Valley also had NASTAR this season and likely will again next season. I finally got back into racing after a several year layoff, and now I'm stoked to be back running some gates!

Again, welcome! :thumb: :D :beercheer:

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be worth more team points next year as I move up an age group even if I don't get any faster :). I should improve though-I raced with a tweaked knee all season and was happy just to finish one run per day in our beer league (OK, excuses done!)

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I have a concept video for the opening of the Team PugSki.com promo race team video, but can't seem to upload it; does anybody know the acceptable file extensions (types)? Thanks!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I have a concept video for the opening of the Team PugSki.com promo race team video, but can't seem to upload it; does anybody know the acceptable file extensions (types)? Thanks!

I may be wrong, but it seems like you need to upload to a place like youtube or instagram, and then embed here as media ... looking forward to see the video!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
POV footy of one of my runs Saturday..

I was literally JUMPING over the boot deep ruts in the slush hahaha..
@cbk you are welcome to download and use any of my POV videos for the PugSki NASTAR Team efforts. I filmed a couple runs that day.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the growing ranks of our NASTAR Family/Friends team: Team PugSki.com :yahoo:

I don't know where you usually ski, but hopefully Vail will keep things as they are with NASTAR at Park City = unlimited NASTAR runs with an Epic Local pass, you only pay if you run a medal time and want the actual medal, $5/medal. Deer Valley also had NASTAR this season and likely will again next season. I finally got back into racing after a several year layoff, and now I'm stoked to be back running some gates!

Again, welcome! :thumb: :D :beercheer:

I wish I could claim I was from the land of mountains, but this lowly great lakes skier sees about 450' of vertical on average. Since free skiing can get boring on short hills I resort to about 200 NASTAR runs a season plus other race events to keep interested. Our season just finished last weekend and the tax man told me an early May ski trip is out of the question. :(

For the next 8/9 months it's bike, softball and trail building time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I wish I could claim I was from the land of mountains, but this lowly great lakes skier sees about 450' of vertical on average. Since free skiing can get boring on short hills I resort to about 200 NASTAR runs a season plus other race events to keep interested. Our season just finished last weekend and the tax man told me an early May ski trip is out of the question. :(

For the next 8/9 months it's bike, softball and trail building time.

I learned everything I know about racing and gates while working as an instructor at Buck Hill, a whopping 300.00000000001 vert if they stretch the beams just right. Haven't skied there since the 90s but gates and freestyle team (and tele?) were what a person had to do in order to enjoy more than a couple ski days a year there..