• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I was wondering which PugSkiers compete in NASTAR? Team PugSki anyone?

With NASTAR available at Copper and Winter Park, I figure I'll get to try some this year. I haven't raced since high school.

FYI: The NASTAR National Championships will be held March 23 – 26, 2017 at Steamboat Resort.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Our beer league uses NASTAR for scoring, so if there's any interest in a PugSki team I'll join. I'm not real fast, but I'm old so my team points aren't too bad.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The other place has a NASTAR Friends and Family team. If anyone knows how to set up a PugSki Friends and Family team I will change Chance of Snow and myself to the PugSki team.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My night league team at Wachusett uses NASTAR.

Off topic, I might be at Wachusett for a couple hours over Christmas Break late December. I'll post in the closest meet ups thread around Dec 26th when that leg of the trip is confirmed.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
I usually get in a few runs per year. I've never been a part of a team and don't know how it works. My results wouldn't do any team much good but if team Pugski gets desperate enough to fill out their roster I might be up for it. :wave:

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gwen and I still do NASTAR when we can get to an area that has NASTAR. CB gave it upon some years ago so now we have to travel for our gates. Telluride has filled in nicely for a 300 mile one day turnaround that gets us 4 or 5 timed runs. Last year we made it to Taos (4 day trip, two days skiing) and got our timed runs at their excellent NASTAR operation. Be glad to add our names to team Pugski if it happens.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I usually get in a few runs per year. I've never been a part of a team and don't know how it works. My results wouldn't do any team much good but if team Pugski gets desperate enough to fill out their roster I might be up for it. :wave:
With the friends and family league participation is weighted heavily. A bronze run is better than no run.. Heck I think points get added for even just finishing a run. Granted, having a couple solid platinum handicap ringers that put down runs every week really boosts a team up in the overall but every successful run adds points in a good way.

The other NASTAR leagues are more competitive and a bad run might hurt there but that's why I only sign on to friends and family teams.. I'm high silver/low gold these days. Used to be that ringer when I skied more often but now just a lollygagging slacker!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Alright, two gildarts and Johnny V signed up

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Want a Pugski NASTAR team? Easy to do. Go to NASTAR.com and register yourself. The form is easy to read and doesn't cost anything other than time. It asks for name and address, age, etc. and has a place where you can sign up on a team. Enter Pugski, or whatever and there's a Pugski team. When the form is filled out you'll have a NASTAR number that is used anywhere there is a NASTAR operation. Every time you race Pugski will get team points. If you get enough Pugski members at the NASTAR Nationals, Pugski team could win a Nationall Championship. Should I go to the NASTAR site and put myself on Pugski Racing?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, @Philpug. After I posted this last night, I realized posting about a team was just a passing thought and then realized I should have asked you guys first.

I was too slow on the input train. My issue is that my race league sets up all the teams as "family and friends" teams. :( You can only be on ONE family and friends team. So my times will get recorded on my team card, but not on the Pugski card. On the other hand, I guess that could be considered good for Pugski when I'm having one of my frequent off days. ;)

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We can create a "club " team also if you folks want it. Top 15 team points count on the club team instead of the 6 for "friends and family" team.

Levy1

Putting on skis
Skier
Our beer league uses NASTAR for scoring, so if there's any interest in a PugSki team I'll join. I'm not real fast, but I'm old so my team points aren't too bad.
Same as myself Johnny except I am really old!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm really clueless about the teams. Glad @Johnny V. knows the ropes.
What's the difference between a friends and family team or club team other than the points that get picked?

Sponsor