• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico Taos talk...

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
More pics from yesterday. I’m at the top of #2 here, killing some time waiting on Matt, I got mixed up and thought it was this weekend he was here lol. These are some good boys. I thought they were supposed to carry flask of brandy on their collar??

View attachment 165375

Whistlestop jamming yesterday, the guy played cool tunes all day.

View attachment 165376

Wife and daughter gone, checked into Snowfan’s favorite spot, El Pleblo. Free buffet breakfast really good, and cool place to hang out and eat and sip on coffee.

View attachment 165378

View attachment 165377

I stay at El Pueblo every trip to Taos. Great pics Tex!

Reactions: Tex

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
These are some good boys. I thought they were supposed to carry flask of brandy on their collar??
Nyet! The St Bernard holds the legal monopoly on carrying flasks of brandy around their necks and they guard it extremely jealously. Sponsored by Courvoisier! ogsmile

Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got to ski this afternoon with Mr and Mrs Grump. What a lovely couple, made my trip skiing with these 2. Really appreciate the master teaching me how to ski bumps as an old man, “you got to let go of the beast”. I learned more this afternoon than I ever have, can’t wait to make more turns tomorrow, my last day…

E6AC27E0-D6F0-45A3-9FDF-87559B461071.jpeg A039C12B-2D6F-4732-B317-107FA8DF3ACF.jpeg

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great time skiing the afternoon with @Tex . Good skier.

When I first meet Tex yesterday, he told me he went to the school desk looking for an old and slow instructor to teach him to ski like an old man. The ski school desk told him they have an instructor that skis with an oxygen tank. Would he do? I told Tex, I know JohnO. Skied with him the day before. He ain't that old and he ain't that slow. What he needed to do is to hang out with real senior citizens like us. :ogbiggrin:

Tex at bottom of Hunziker Main after skiing Kachina.
1649114699929.png

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess Tex is now headed back to TX along with his newly-acquired mogul knowledge. Darn, could have used some of that...

Any SkiTalkers going to be at TSV this weekend for some groomer cruising (since I missed the bump clinic) and casual race-watching?

I'll be staying slopeside solo Friday and Saturday nights and in Taos Sunday if anyone's game to meet up.

For those on the lookout I'll be wearing a black parka, red pants and Kastle skis. Oh, and I'm 6'6"...

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess Tex is now headed back to TX along with his newly-acquired mogul knowledge. Darn, could have used some of that...

Any SkiTalkers going to be at TSV this weekend for some groomer cruising (since I missed the bump clinic) and casual race-watching?

I'll be staying slopeside solo Friday and Saturday nights and in Taos Sunday if anyone's game to meet up.

For those on the lookout I'll be wearing a black parka, red pants and Kastle skis. Oh, and I'm 6'6"...
Good luck Matt, hope the snow holds up for you. Looks like sunshine all week, in the 50’s for the weekend, wow.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Slush bumps!
I love slush bumps! Back in the 80's, I would love to catch big air, land on one and crush it!
:daffy:

That was a my high-impact bump sking style, my new old man low-impact style still loves the slush bumps tho...

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I love slush bumps! Back in the 80's, I would love to catch big air, land on one and crush it!
I used to have a photo of me completely destroying one. Slush splashing everywhere! Takes just the right density of slush and slope of hill for it to work.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to have a photo of me completely destroying one. Slush splashing everywhere! Takes just the right density of slush and slope of hill for it to work.
Yeah, back in the day, I hit many trying to catch air, but instead I would just split it in half! It was my understanding that when it gets hot, they melt from the inside, so they are like hollow bumps...

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

:useless:

Sponsor