• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sad loss of a dear SkiTalk friend - Sugar Cube

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Sad, I never met them but know they were special people. Deepest condolences.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Obituary information has been posted on "Care Cremation Service" site out of Lexington, KY. There is no funeral service announcement. It asks that in lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the Cincinatti Zoo and to plant a tree in memory of Nancy.

NANCY PIATT OBITUARY​

Nancy Lee Piatt, age 63, passed away on April 10, 2023. She was born to John and Mary Elizabeth Piatt on June 7, 1959 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and married to her beloved husband, Greg Loucony, since March 29, 2007.
Nancy was both a lifelong learner and educator, and was serious, but could be goofy. She loved life and was loved by all. Frequently called, "Dr. Mom," by her daughter, she always seemed to know what to do. She was her happiest in the mountains, whether it be in ski boots or sneakers. Greg and Nancy exchanged their wedding vows in the middle of a ski slope for all their friends and family to see. And if you asked her what she was doing on Sunday, she'd say, "GO STEELERS!" Her passions included The Humane Society, Paws 4 A Cause and the Cincinnati Zoo – especially Fiona!
Nancy earned a Bachelor's degree from Hope College (double major in Business and English), graduating Magna Cum Laude, and had an MBA from the New York Institute of Technology. She held certifications in Change Management and Facilitation.
Nancy's entire 33-year career was devoted to working in human resources, her most recent position working for Fayette County, KY where she was deeply loved and respected by her colleagues. She had a deep commitment to continually improving the workplace. Nancy was highly skilled at helping employees work through difficult situations. She was a great coach - respected by both employees and management. Ever energetic, Nancy maintained a consulting business after hours, "Human Resources Everything," that provided services for performance management, workforce planning, leadership competencies, and employee engagement. Her email signature was – "Live life big, and best wishes for peace and happiness!" If it related to human resources, she did it.
Nancy is survived by Greg Loucony (husband), Mary Elizabeth Piatt (mother), Lindsay Link (daughter), Jill Piatt Kemper (sister), Melissa Spoelhof (sister), Mia Hartnett (granddaughter). She will be sadly missed by her family and many beloved friends. She was preceded in death by her father, John M. Piatt.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to the Cincinnati Zoo.
Care Cremation and Funeral Service is honored to be entrusted with final care.
To plant a beautiful memorial tree in memory of Nancy, please visit our Tree Store or plant a tree.

Published by Care Cremation & Funeral Service - Eastland Drive on Apr. 15, 2023.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's amazing how sharing just one good day on the slopes can make you feel close to a person. Something about a common love?
Indeed. I've said many times here that I'm an introvert and small talk is hard for me. Except it's a lot easier when I'm skiing. That common love you mention is a real thing that opens people up and makes a connection that otherwise wouldn't occur.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Indeed. I've said many times here that I'm an introvert and small talk is hard for me. Except it's a lot easier when I'm skiing. That common love you mention is a real thing that opens people up and makes a connection that otherwise wouldn't occur.
And this is actually why Gatherings are so great. It is how I met and then eventually drove Uncle Louie from Jackson to Teton Village Gathering in 2015

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January