• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sad loss of a dear SkiTalk friend - Sugar Cube

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My first Epic experience was in Summit Co. in late March of 2011. Sugar Cube and Uncle Louie were still winter residents at Breckenridge. They were both great people to hang with, it will always be a great memory. Greg served as a tour guide at Breck for a group of us, a L3 instructor showing off his home mountain.That was a life changing trip, I returned to many Gatherings as a result, made life-long relationships with many who post here.
I've lost a few great friends recently, it is very hard to comprehend that they will never be in my life again.
May Nancy Rest in Peace. My heart hurts for Greg.
Beautifully said.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sad news of the loss of a member, my condolences to the family and friends.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the 2018 Gathering in Utah, Uncle Louie took an awful fall onto a cat track at Snowbasin. @SugarCube was not on the trip with him but back home in Kentucky. At the party at Alta we had a psuedo fundraiser which helped raise money for Nancy to come out and get Greg home. IIRC, we raised over $3,000 through auctions of skis and swag like bags from @KULKEA and skis from DPS.

Greg and Nancy were unaware of the event and were back at their condo while Greg healed up. When we brought over the funds they were so grateful they were in tears. Everyones generosity did not go unnoticed nor unappreciated.
IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2554.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
My heart goes out to the family and @uncle louie….he is the legend who taught me how to ski way back when. @mdf talked Me into joining the gathering in Jackson hole awhile back. I brought my snowboard. @unclelouie taught me to ski on beginner rental skis and boots. I loved his teaching style - not much talking, all skiing…iMet his wife on the same trip and was in awe of her nonchalant bravery and skill in skiing - something I aspire to.

@Uncle Louie , I hope to re-connect with you in the future. I am Forever thankful for the time you spent with me. Sending love and warmth.

kara

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did not know either of them, but as a Ski Talk regular, my heart goes out to any and all of our little tribe.

Always sad to lose one. :(

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Brutal. I recall great enjoyment (albeit vicariously) from viewing the western gathering threads on Epicski. Nothing but positivity and fun.

Condolences.

Sponsor