• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sad loss of a dear SkiTalk friend - Sugar Cube

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is with deep sadness that we are posting this message.
Yesterday @SugarCube was in a car accident, which took her life.
As many of you know, Nancy and Greg have been incredibly influential with gatherings over the years.
She regularly checked in here on SkiTalk, and though she rarely posted, she seemed to really enjoy the Dog Pic Thread.
She will be missed and Greg needs our love.

We have not, yet, reached out to @Uncle Louie but we will.

We will post as we get more information.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Very sad. She was a very nice person. Will be greatly missed.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
NOOOOOO! Condolences to her and her family. It's sadly been many years since I had the pleasure of skiing with either Sugar Cube or Uncle Louie, but I fondly recall some fun days with both of them.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is heartbreaking. I only met her and Uncle Louie at the first Pugski gathering in UT. Such a nice person. My prayers go to Uncle Louie, their families, friends, and loved ones.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Crushed.

My first internet ski date was with Nancy, Uncle Louie, and @SKI-3PO, a million years ago at Vail. Changed my life, really. She was just such a good person.
Funny you say that, because she and Bob Barnes both planned to meet up with me on my first trip to Arapahoe Basin for Mother's Day. Bob never showed, but Nancy did, and we kept trying to meet up but the phone service was so horrible that we kept missing each other.
Later, when we finally met, she was so kind and apologetic for not making the meet up happen. Not her fault but she was so very kind.

Later when we met up with him and UL after he broke his neck, we gave them the money that was collected to help them with their costs from the accident and she cried, so grateful.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My first internet ski date was with Nancy, Uncle Louie, and @SKI-3PO, a million years ago at Vail. Changed my life, really. She was just such a good person.
I’ll agree on the life changing day.

My memory of that day is almost giving up finding the group. The barking bear “banner” that Nancy and UL carried for meetups was not as large as I had expected. And at the end of the day (probably my first ever day at Vail), I walked back to the parking garage through a road in the village (luckily by myself), not really knowing where I was going and completely exhausted and had a massive fall with me and my equipment flying everywhere.

The famous banner with “Mogul”:

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January