• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
OK, I dont normally post here since I am fortunate enough to score some pretty decent deals but, i will make an exception in this case

I was dropping some stuff off at the thrift store yesterday and noticed the "75% off winter" poster. So I walked across to the sports goods section ....and found a pair of 210/33m Nordica SuperGs with piston plate and very good Marker 30s !!! ..... $5 out the door....:D
How about some photos? Please

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Found these at a garage sale. Barely used from a ski instructor. $125. Bases and tops are in great shape. I think I scored. They are 174, but that is probably about right for me at 5'8" 160# and upper intermediate. Haven't skied this ski yet, but I know I can get my money back if they don't work out. Given the other skis I liked this year, I think they are going to rock. Wish I could try them now.
IMG_0735.JPG

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, my wife got a new pair of skis yesterday. So I don't get a :useless:

Here is a photo, Marco who is a friend of ours and Bode Miller's agent brought them with him when he came for golf and dinner. The Camo topsheet was her number 1 choice. They came tuned and with a "WC" base. Is it December yet?

172CM Bomber skis
20170509_194753.jpg

Last edited:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always do final lap in the local ski shops on my last day of skiing, which was quite a while ago now.

The one shop had a new-old-stock set of the last gen Nordica El Capo 177 with Griffon Demo-binding, for dirt cheap.
I asked them where did they get such a ski as a 107 wide ski is not common for our area/hills
They said they were in their storage area " buried behind 30 sets of BBR's ! " :D I had to laugh at that ! :roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We made the rounds of ski shops our last weekend in Killington but kept the wallet in the car. I did almost buy a kuklea boot trekker boot bag but refrained. My last purchase was my Meier Wild Bill skis with attack 13 bindings for $550 so i put the wallet away after that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Found these at a garage sale. Barely used from a ski instructor. $125. Bases and tops are in great shape. I think I scored. They are 174, but that is probably about right for me at 5'8" 160# and upper intermediate. Haven't skied this ski yet, but I know I can get my money back if they don't work out. Given the other skis I liked this year, I think they are going to rock. Wish I could try them now.
View attachment 23482
Now get rid of those Salomon demo bindings and put some proper clamps on.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, my wife got a new pair of skis yesterday. So I don't get a :useless:

Here is a photo, Marco who is a friend of ours and Bode Miller's agent brought them with him when he came for golf and dinner. The Camo topsheet was her number 1 choice. They came tuned and with a "WC" base. Is it December yet?

172CM Bomber skis
View attachment 23862
Somewhere in here is buried a thread about 6 degrees of separation. So, I think we all just acquired Bode, 3 degrees. Thanks Jay.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
All right, here we go...

P5151622.JPG

... and I made sure the first thing I did after I unboxed them, ...

WP_20170516_18_28_19_Pro__highres.jpg

NASTAR - bring it on!!! :micdrop:

Wait, what? Whadda ya mean I gotta wait until NEXT season ?!?!?!? :doh:

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Now that I passed my level 1 for skiing and the pressure's off at least for that I decided by treat myself. I haven't owned a board since I sold my beloved Never Summer back in 2008. This is a brand new GNU BPro board and I think it's rather spiffy looking. I got it for $250. Next up bindings. I haven't bought snowboard bindings in about 12 or 13 years but I'll likely tackle that in the fall using discounts. My plan is to board and ski next season as several of my instructor comrades at my mountain do both. I only plan to instruct on the ski side as instructing in both would render me no free play time at all when I'm at my mountain.

upload_2017-5-18_14-9-8.png

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got an ok HH jacket for $200 at rei outlet after extra 20% off. Not sure if I like the zippers in the front but it'l be better than my north face which was dropping dandruf like flakes from the hole in the shoulder. The deal is till on.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just bought my second pair of Kastles in less than 2 months, TX90. Love my FX85 so much that I'm starting an expensive addiction. The sucky part is that I have to wait till it snows again before I try the TX90.

Sponsor

Staff online