• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Spent the entire summer of 1975 saving up to buy one of these back in 5th to 6th grade. Sold it regrettably to finance skateboard gear around 1979. Saw one up on eBay this week and it's now on the way here to sit in my shed instead of theirs hahaha..

s-l1600.jpg

Most of you have no idea of the folklore surrounding these and how cool it was for an 11 year old kid to own back in the mid 70s. Feel free to chime it if you do though. Really stoked to have found one in such good shape, although the parts are not all same year, some 1975 and some 1976 parts were used on the restoration at some point. Mine had yellow forks and a post seat, pure 1974. This one appears to have a 74-75 frame and 76 forks.

Mickey

Booting up
Skier
Spent the entire summer of 1975 saving up to buy one of these back in 5th to 6th grade. Sold it regrettably to finance skateboard gear around 1979. Saw one up on eBay this week and it's now on the way here to sit in my shed instead of theirs hahaha..

s-l1600.jpg

Most of you have no idea of the folklore surrounding these and how cool it was for an 11 year old kid to own back in the mid 70s. Feel free to chime it if you do though. Really stoked to have found one in such good shape, although the parts are not all same year, some 1975 and some 1976 parts were used on the restoration at some point. Mine had yellow forks and a post seat, pure 1974. This one appears to have a 74-75 frame and 76 forks.

Very cool! I think we may need to open a "First Bikes" thread in the other forum......

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

s-l1600.jpg

That is one weird looking bike! Does that rear fork pivot around at the bottom bracket? And what's up with those secondary seat posts?

James

Out There
Instructor

s-l1600.jpg

Wow, I've never seen that but am quite familiar with the regular Schwinn banana bike. I had a Raleigh version which wasn't nearly as cool as the Schwinn with the 5 speed knob shifter. I associate them with muscle mustangs. A neighbor down the street had like a 68 Mustang GT cream with black stripes.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That is one weird looking bike! Does that rear fork pivot around at the bottom bracket? And what's up with those secondary seat posts?
It's essentially a Yamaha YZ or Trials 80 with pedals instead of a motor..

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Very cool! I think we may need to open a "First Bikes" thread in the other forum......

Oh, man. I don't know what it was, but my first bike was blue with a banana seat - the banana seat was blue glitter. I remember walking into the house one day, walking into the guest room, and seeing it. Not having any idea why this bike would be in the house. But it was mine! I wonder if they had meant to surprise me in a more official way ...

I was a late bloomer - I think I was 7 or 8 before I could ride a bike without training wheels.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20170712_163717_HDR_resized.jpg

Picked this up today at lunchtime from Kijiji for $120(Ariens, runs great, just cut my grass in the rain) Sold two old broken LawnBoys this afternoon for ..$120!! Net Zero!!
Will get extra bonus points when wife gets home, finally got rid of some junk, and got the grass mowed . It was starting to get a little long!!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After getting through reconstructive surgery for breast cancer in May, I decided to treat myself to two purchases:

1) An 1850's Hawken rifle (muzzleloader) ...fully operational:
image.jpg

And ......I just ordered the 2018 Elan SLX fusion :
image.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 26604

Picked this up today at lunchtime from Kijiji for $120(Ariens, runs great, just cut my grass in the rain) Sold two old broken LawnBoys this afternoon for ..$120!! Net Zero!!
Will get extra bonus points when wife gets home, finally got rid of some junk, and got the grass mowed . It was starting to get a little long!!

We have an Ariens snowblower that is well over 25 years old and still going strong.....

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
After getting through reconstructive surgery for breast cancer in May, I decided to treat myself to two purchases:

1) An 1850's Hawken rifle (muzzleloader) ...fully operational:
View attachment 26618
And ......I just ordered the 2018 Elan SLX fusion :
View attachment 26619

too bad you and i don't have the same BSL anymore; would have been awesome to take them for a spin!

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Online: skibuy.at That's the website where the Austrian shop Nenner Sports sells off its ex-demo and rental skis.
Colorado Discount Skis

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
NOS skis are the best deal ever if you can get them in the size you like. Nothing like paying $200 or less for a pair of what was cutting edge top of the line going for 5 times that just 3-4 years ago. It's the only way I go for brand new. Everything else I've added to the quiver this millennium has been 2nd hand gently used or even cheaper than $200 WITH good bindings.

If you can afford latest and greatest brand new that's awesome and creates lots of jobs. I'll wait patiently for your leftovers :)