• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Memorable quotes from the season

jtrollmann

AKA John
Skier
Conversation on the gondola to the top of Mammoth:

"So what is the best place to enter Dave's Run," I asked?

"Well," another skier said pointing, "see those notches near the top? Take which ever warms your heart."

"Cool," I said.

"And when you get a third of the way down," he added, "it's pure love!"

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
At the top of Wasp to @Tricia just before dropping in: What's the worst that could happen?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread reminded me of "Quotes from the Condos"

The opener, posted by @VickieH was priceless.
Phil: That's what's wrong. I put my pants on backwards. I reached in my pocket and scratched my ass!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
"Got a slopeside house in the Mid Atlantic paid for weekend mid February. Should I pack ski gear or fishing gear???-Me

Long Hair Hippy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I caught a nasty case of bronchitis while skiing out west this year. The cocktail of antibiotics and steroids the doc had me on were starting to take a toll on my stomach.
Three or four days into the trip while skiing ski Beaver Creek the kids scoped out a bump run they wanted to check out.

Kid #1…..Dad let’s go check out those bumps and get some video
Me…. Uh…ok.. shure but I’m gonna have to go slow and take it easy
Kid #2….Why
Me….because the medicine i am taking is not agreeing with my stomach. If I suddenly stop in the middle of the run and cinch my butt cheeks together you’ll know why.
Kid #1 (laughing)….gee dad that’s funny because the name of the lift we are on is the Cinch Express!

Fortunately there were no major accidents on the hill that day! Kids are still talking about that one. Glad I was able to provide entertainment for them.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My instructor in Italy this year on the lift after about 3 runs on day 2 of 3 days of 1 on 1 lessons, "How are you feeling?"

Me: "I am soaking wet with perspiration due to FEAR!"

I was too, but luckily two days later the light went on and I got it! By got it I mean I went from fear to enjoyment and immediately fell in love with skiing.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not from this season, but I love this story so much I have to recycle it.

So I'm standing by the entrance to Starr at Stowe, a pretty serious run.
A guy and a young girl, maybe five years old, skis up and the girl sits down and starts to cry. So I'm thinking, sheesh, overbearing Dad pushing daughter too hard, what's wrong with some people?

But then he says, "If you are going to cry, you can't ski Starr."

She stops crying, gets up, and skis down Starr, killing it.

So anytime I'm feeling grumpy about something out on the hill, I tell myself, "If you are going to cry, you can't ski Starr."

Sponsor