• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Memorable quotes from the season

john petersen

working through minutia to find the big picture!
Instructor
Ribbing my buddy Dave, who is going to be 90 next year, was talking about ski instruction: "well, I may be a 'has-been' but in order to be a 'has been', you have to be a 'once was' " and my reply " Oh, don't worry, Dave, you are still a 'once was' " to his reply, "Oh, shut up"

;)

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ski Hard and Party Harder...it's a Hard Life in the Mountains

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Something my mentor came up with, caught my funny bone -- "Skiddin's forbidden in the trenchin' dimension" :D

zenny

Hah! On the other hand, for different conditions, my instructor Pete said that he and his wife Jane have been talking about writing a ski book called, "We're skidding, no kidding!" I wish we called it something other than skidding - which makes it sound like a bad thing. Whereas it's a situational thing.

Ribbing my buddy Dave, who is going to be 90 next year, was talking about ski instruction: "well, I may be a 'has-been' but in order to be a 'has been', you have to be a 'once was' " and my reply " Oh, don't worry, Dave, you are still a 'once was' " to his reply, "Oh, shut up"

;)

Hah! Through Doug I got the chance to ski with "locally famous" C.J. Mueller ( http://www.summitdaily.com/news/spo...eflects-on-career-and-hall-of-fame-induction/ - there's a run named after him at Breck) ... I introduced him as such to Gaby, and C.J. immediately said he was a "has-been" - to which I responded that that's better than being a "never was!"

Bigtinnie

Formerly 'sbooker' in another world.
Skier
My eleven year old daughter half way through the short but strenuous hike to the top of Long Shot at Snowmass -
"I liked Snowbird better than here. They have lifts to go where you want to go. They must have more money".
My bump hating wife about 200 yards into the long shot trail (which is about 5 miles in total) -
"I hope they don't call this Long Shot because it is long - these bumps suck".

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mine was not a quote but just a look and a smile, I was skiing chair one at mammoth down the shoulder that feeds into Broadway and the windblown was so UNBELIEVABLE that for some reason I stopped to admire it , it's a simple blue run, well as I'm admiring it here comes this twenty something gal on some E88's making these beautiful carved GS turns with power and grace and she looked at me with the biggest smile , the sun shining , midweek , no one around and I smiled right back at her , both of us knowing exactly what was happening.
It was AWESOME.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Something my mentor came up with, caught my funny bone -- "Skiddin's forbidden in the trenchin' dimension" :D

zenny
That's signature worthy.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@Catskill carver : please let me know if you would like to add "2016/2017" to the thread title. I am sure we'll have a similar thread next year!

Anyways, here is a fun one. Last weekend in Mt Rose, and after a morning of lovely spring skiing, @Tricia , @Philpug and I stop for a bite and a drink. Phil and I head to the deck where they were grilling brats, for like 5 bucks with a side and everything (you gotta love Mt Rose). Anyways, the lady looks at us, and asks "Are you together?". And I say "Yes", while I hear Phil go:

"Don't judge us!"

:roflmao:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
A friend and I out on boards with some skiers (who sensibly were sticking to groomers)

" This looks alright!"

as we took turns to try to troll each other into awful chicken head coral reef refeeze. The only pleasure we were getting was seeing you could get the worst look of pure hatred from the other as we escalated through increasingly worse pitches.

Sponsor

Staff online