• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Memorable quotes from the season

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Starting to review the season and some quotes that I take away from the season that made me chuckle .....

random dude on the chair lift at hunta......
" hey man, did you see that guy skiing where I was landing ? "

" skiing on anything wider than 110's just develops bad habits "
- guide in engelberg during a three foot powder day on his blizzard cochise

Anyone else ?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
"Snowboarders that hangout just sitting on the side of trails are nothing but TRAIL TRASH"

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I posted this in another thread. Was skiing with a group a few weeks ago and a friend of mine ended up on the chair behind mine with three very young (8-10ish) N* Racing Team members. After getting off the chair he skis up to us just doubled over and laughing. When he finally can talk he says:

"Just as we were about to unload, the kid next to me turns to me and says, 'I like to eat my boogers'. And then they were gone. I was so stunned I almost forgot to get off the chair!"

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Friend in town where it was raining before I headed up to find 16" of nice, fresh nirvana on the hill:

"it's raining, it probably sucks up there. I'm staying home to catch up on work."

Stranger sitting next to me on a lift at Alta on a powder day after I noticed her ski pants were ripped down the center: .

"After last night a little snow in my pants isn't such a bad thing."

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Me, while wearing a GoPro, filming a friend tumble down a steep line of soft, fresh pow, realize he didn't clip is helmet...."STRAP YOUR HELMET BEFORE YOU DROP IN!" - words to live by.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Its one of those situations where at first you are dying to know the backstory. And then you realize, maybe you don't want to know . . .
My imagination instantly created a backstory.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Friend: My knee hurt really bad today, like, worse than it's ever hurt before, even when it was injured. So I decided to keep skiing on it, see what happens. And I could ski on it, so I kept going. Eventually it cleared up.

Me: Because what's important is that you can ski (heavily implied: Health/injury status is not relevant unless it impacts skiing)

Her: Exactly!

Sponsor

Staff online