• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It ain't gonna drink itself!

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20161226_181454_HDR_resized.jpg
My inspiration while doing the holiday crossword yesterday. The bottle got finished, needless to say the crossword didn't.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I haven't poured a beer out because it was undrinkable, maybe ever. One of the ingredients is scrapple
I have ! Remember BILLY BEER. Named for Jimmy Carter's uncouth brother who would get off AF 1 and pee next
to the runway. It redefined undrinkable. The most evil stuff ever. I think I spit out the first gulp. The rest went down
the nearest drain. :nono:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Focal Banger.jpg

Kind of a cheat, because I drank this New Year's eve — but I'm telling you (not to reveal too much about my misspent youth), it tastes just like sinsemilla. 'Course hops is in the same family.

I think I just want to drink Alchemist all the time. Can't get it around here, and now you have to go to the brewery to get it. (Mine came through the back door of my friendly neighborhood purveyor. :D) So I've had to settle for Founders Imperial Stout, which . . . Guess I can't complain.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
For Christmas, my son got me the fix'ns for a Zombie, using a simple recipe on the net.
Equal parts (to my thinking a "part" means 1.5 fluid ounces):
Dark rum
Medium rum
Light rum
Apricot Brandy
Pineapple Juice
Lime Juice
Grenadine

My usual recipe calls for orange and passion fruit juice instead of the pineapple and lime juice, and calls for Blue Curacao, and a half portion of cherry brandy on top, but the pineapple and lime was good too. A little too much Grenadine by half, so I added the Blue Curacao; I didn't have the cherry brandy, which along with cutting down the Grenadine by half would have made it very good.

I had the above before Christmas dinner, and what with washing down supper with a few glasses of wine and some sherry for desert, I decided not to make a second Zombie, but I'll let you know how it turns out when I do.

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
e81ae146393235.58526a9e008fe.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
old 99.jpg

Some of this lovely red ail and some of the better pizza I have ever eaten at Loggers in Roseburg, OR. and life is good. Going up or down I-5 stop at Loggers Tap House and try it, you'll like it (A LOT).

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I like this comment made during the just ended power failure in Truckee:

“Beer is being kept cold by the snow,” said Laroche with a laugh, “because the refrigerator ain’t working.”

Sponsor