• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It ain't gonna drink itself!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy Election Day Wine! (ok, and a slice of pizza) (ok, the fork may be frowned upon, but hey, I like clean fingers if typing)

election day wine.jpg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Half Moon Bay Imperial Pumpkin Stout @ 11.5% @ Farmer's Union @ San Jose.

IMG_2593.JPG

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
cobblestonestout.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20161102_190359_HDR_resized_1.jpg
Drakes new whiskey, Virginia Black American Whiskey. I'm not really impressed. GF picked it up at the liquor store, having never seen it before. Packaging was in a nice black box. Bottle looks somewhat like a cologne bottle though.
Didnt know it was Drakes new brand until i looked it up.
Very smooth, but a little too sweet for me. At 40% alcohol, it has been watered down ( ostensibly to bring out the flavour).
I will still struggle to finish the bottle. (sigh)
Interestingly, on the back its says "Not made in Virginia"

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That bottle of Virginia Black came to an abrupt end. I never realized that the bottom half of the bottle is painted black, so as to obscure the contents, or lack thereof!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So I like Dogfish Head generally. And I like breakfast stouts a lot. So this was promising.

IMG_2771.JPG

The label said heavy coffee notes, smoky flavor. All good.

I haven't poured a beer out because it was undrinkable, maybe ever. One of the ingredients is scrapple. I'm up for that, but it reminded me of college grabbing a beer cup that ended up having a cig butt in it, and for extra effect maybe somebody threw up a little bit in their mouth. Yum. Although, it will be an excellent cooking beer (think chili).

Replaced by this...

IMG_2772.JPG

...which is basically a perfect imitation of Dragon's Milk.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Decisions, decisions. My staging area for tomorrow.

Also, happy holiday party drinking season. Be safe out there -

IMG_0715.JPG

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I'm really tired of sweet bourbon barrel stouts. This is moderately bitter (60 IBU) and outstanding.

IMG_3077.JPG

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
How do the last 2 compare with our old fav ?
View attachment 17417

Bolder taste. No creamy head..has regular carbon dioxide head, not nitrogen. And a higher alcohol content, 5.5% versus 4.2%. There's only one Guinness of course..smooth flavour. The other stouts I've sampled usually have a more bitter flavour, not lots, but some. Which is preferred at times. Guinness I find has very little aftertaste as well..the other stouts seem to linger longer. As long as you have balance. I feel, personally, there are way too many super-hoppy ales out there right now.

Sponsor

Staff online