• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-2017 Four Corners (AZ, NM, S.CO) Weather & Conditions

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Talk about a low vis day. Looks like 5" fresh so far today. Going to be great up there this weekend.

Sunset00001.jpg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So Wolf Creek has passed over 100" for base measurement. I am pretty sure they didn't get that high all last season. We are in the midst of an epic season, hopefully it keeps up!

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
So Wolf Creek has passed over 100" for base measurement. I am pretty sure they didn't get that high all last season. We are in the midst of an epic season, hopefully it keeps up!

Pretty sure Wolf got to a 100" base by Christmas (250" of snow by Jan 1, 2016), it just consolidated back down.

We had much more snow on the ground at this point last year. That said, the non-stop incoming storms has been nice.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Good weekend! Got my first full-bore powder day at Purg. I expected the worst- the lots filled QUICKLY, but no crazy lift lines and things stayed soft and fun if not untracked. I learned Pandemonium is quite stellar when deep.

The new ownership and new management continues to do things I like. Today, I found they haven't groomed any of the black runs on Chair 8 since the storm, INCLUDING the last face down to the lift. All of the runs were stellar bumps from top to bottom. It totally changed the feel of things.

I've spent the weekend skiing Purg then coming home and running the snowmobile around the FS roads. I really suck riding the thing, but it is a lot of fun, and the thing is a total beast.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We are skiing the snowbowl in 2 weeks so getting excited. Demoing skis but not sure what conditions are but thinking skis will more on the carver side but we'll see when it gets closer.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are skiing the snowbowl in 2 weeks so getting excited. Demoing skis but not sure what conditions are but thinking skis will more on the carver side but we'll see when it gets closer.

It should be good conditions. We are supposed to get a big dump this weekend on an already good base.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is going on at Pajarito? Multiple lifts not working?

I've seen a lot of people b*tching about that on their FB page. Hopefully Coleman has them on the to-do list.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Almost 30" gain on the Snotel out of this storm at AZSB. Conditions were incredible the last two days. I don't think I've ever seen the base this deep here.

Reactions: nay

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New Mexico got the goods. Was going to post inT.I.T.S. bit apparently that thread is closed ... at least to me. Anyhow T.I.T.T.S. Tuesdays In The Taos Snow was terrific.

It took a while to get stuff open but there were freshies to be had when we gave in to our tired bodies at 10 past 3. Good news is tomorrow should be great as they open more terrain. Heard tell Santa Fe was awesome too.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Last post Tuesday. Is everybody just skiing to much to talk?

I spent last weekend sick as hell and didn't get out. The amount of snow is ridiculous, now distinctly above what we saw last year (a ton) during Godzilla El Nino...

Higher than the window on our back deck...

16195222_10154324374957897_3176579253925311190_n.jpg

Did two lessons at Purg yesterday but no freeskiing. Surprise, very good base. Hesperus is nuked too. No skiing today, but got neighborhood freshies with the snowmobile. Slowly getting better.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Decided at the last minute to hit up Hesperus today- the first day I've actually skied there during the day..

0129171244b[1].jpg
0129171244[1].jpg

0129171258[1].jpg

0129171355[1].jpg
0129171356[1].jpg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow, Hesperus is looking awesome and yeah the snow over the last week or so has been insane. AZSB picked up 8 FEET of snow and is sitting with the deepest pack for January in the last 10 years.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Wow, Hesperus is looking awesome and yeah the snow over the last week or so has been insane. AZSB picked up 8 FEET of snow and is sitting with the deepest pack for January in the last 10 years.

60" base is about as good as Hesperus gets. It skis well anything above 20", but I think the deeper pack is really helping snow quality degrade more slowly.

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Anybody have any inside info on what is going on with lifts at Pajarito? With Mother not spinning, it seems like a lot of the mountain is not accessible and/or requiring some pretty huge traverses. Can it expected to be open by President's?

For president's weekend, we are looking at skiing Sipapu/Pajarito or going the other direction to Sunlight/Powderhorn. I know Sunlight and Powderhorn will be crowd-free, do Sipapu and Pajarito get busy on holidays?

Thanks!

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anybody have any inside info on what is going on with lifts at Pajarito? With Mother not spinning, it seems like a lot of the mountain is not accessible and/or requiring some pretty huge traverses. Can it expected to be open by President's?

For president's weekend, we are looking at skiing Sipapu/Pajarito or going the other direction to Sunlight/Powderhorn. I know Sunlight and Powderhorn will be crowd-free, do Sipapu and Pajarito get busy on holidays?

Thanks!

I skied Sipapu on MLK day a few years back and it wasn't bad. The Texans have a lot of good choices this season so you are probably fine heading down that way. Neither of those ski areas are main destinations like Taos or Wolf.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If we're in town and our house isn't still too wrecked from our whole roof leak mishegoss, you should come here. I bet @pais alto would also be willing to show you around. Hopefully by then we'll be back in the storm track. Shouldn't be crazy like our big brother to the north and an easy drive to Pajarito for the day.

Sponsor