• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-2017 Four Corners (AZ, NM, S.CO) Weather & Conditions

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm so happy I got to ski the snowbowl on 1/31 and 2/1 of this past season. It was a great couple of days. Skied with one of the girls from another forum who's home mountain is snowbowl and we had so much fun!!!! I broke my black trail cherry by skiing some black off the summit. I also skied my first bowl. I enjoyed the mountain a lot. I also liked the town of Flagstaff. Looking forward to another trip back one season soon.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm so happy I got to ski the snowbowl on 1/31 and 2/1 of this past season. It was a great couple of days. Skied with one of the girls from another forum who's home mountain is snowbowl and we had so much fun!!!! I broke my black trail cherry by skiing some black off the summit. I also skied my first bowl. I enjoyed the mountain a lot. I also liked the town of Flagstaff. Looking forward to another trip back one season soon.

That was right after our 7 ft storm cycle, so you got to see Snowbowl at its best. Glad you enjoyed.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Snowbowl is getting a new lodge and a new lift in the beginner area. Not sure which of those is happening this summer. Awesome to see the investments continue.

Looks like full AZSB Details are starting to emerge headlined by the new (desperately needed) conveyor quad on Hart's Prairie.
-Conveyor with footrests and lap bar
-Bottom terminal is approximately 60 feet uphill of the existing lift (eh, might be more walking then I'd like but the space around the lodge at the old load point was a crowded cluster)
-Top terminal is lowered to take out the steep section at the top of the hill. (All in all a good thing for a very consistent learners experience)

https://www.arizonasnowbowl.com/?q=node/371

No hard details on lodge improvements though...

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
This is long overdue but I rarely ride Hart Prairie so it will have little impact. Now the Lodge and parking improvements is what I am waiting for.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hiked up above Lockett Meadow this morning. There are some impressive snow patches holding on up on the high peaks.

IMG_4264.JPG

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Too hot down here in the NM/Texas desert. Been 100º or more for weeks and weeks it seems. Quite a few nasty dust storms from dry thunderstorm activity. They are impressive to look from afar though. Went up to Cloudcroft NM yesterday to ride in the afternoon. It was very very nice, clean air and temps in the high 70º's, maybe up to 80º at 8500 feet. Have not driven up north in a month or more but doubt there is any snow remaining.

Sponsor