• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-2017 Four Corners (AZ, NM, S.CO) Weather & Conditions

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Such a promising January. Felt like a season made up of a great day here and there in very long spring.

Yep, exactly how I feel. After late January there were some really awesome days but one had to be on them. Some did not last more than a few hours on some mornings but they were really good.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Santa Fe ski area also fell victim to the warm, dry weather and will close this Sunday 3/26, 1 week early.

I guess all it took to turn things around for Santa Fe was nearly 2 feet of snow from this most recent storm. They'll be open until 4/2 now.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What's the local scoop on this next round for Taos?

Jeff N

I'm an anachronism
Skier
Skied Wolf for the first and possibly only time this season. Even after a 3" storm and even not looking for it (recovering from being sick and feeling honestly pretty miserable) the powder availability was shocking. A season at Purg has been really 1 full bore day of powder skiing, a bunch of days of leftovers, pow bumps, etc. and one early season pow day on limited terrain.

Wolf has been aggressively clearing dead trees, leaving wide open glades (think Serendipty style spacing) over much more of the mountain. Gunbarrel trees are now wide open, as is glades between tranquility and Navajo Trail.

Didn't ski into Alberta, didn't have the stamina. I am guessing they took out more over there too.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They did. The amount of beetle kill.in one summer was shocking. Sorry you had IT. We both have IT now. 30 inches of snow in a week and all we can do is look up at it and cough and cough and cough. And then sneeze and then cry.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We both have IT now. 30 inches of snow in a week and all we can do is look up at it and cough and cough and cough. And then sneeze and then cry.

That's heartbreaking. Yesterday in particular was great.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can go to Taos this Sunday. Worth it? Hows coverage?

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm a Santa Fean. But another storm is expected this weekend, so the Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point To Yes".

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm a Santa Fean. But another storm is expected this weekend, so the Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point To Yes".

So Hows Ski Santa Fe? Read they close on Sunday. Never skied there

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So Hows Ski Santa Fe? Read they close on Sunday. Never skied there
It's doing great now.

Want to ski for free? PM me your name before 4 pm.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
The approaching storm is trending more central NM like the last one...

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Current situation in Sunland Park NM (El Paso Tx). Very very dry, wicked windy (30-60mph) and super dusty (a mile or 2 viz). Shot of my humble weather station.
17671167_10158415582890371_611168472_n.jpg

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Good timing.

Well, we chased, so I don't if that qualifies as good timing. Maybe just good choices.

And "ski like no one is watching" -- I never saw your tag line, or maybe it's new, but

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2017-4-3_9-26-23.png

Naturally, SF and Taos closed for the season yesterday.
DH has pneumonia and I am going to see if I am following in his footsteps, otherwise I'd get my uphill skis ready.
What a lousy way to end the season.
Hopefully, there will be A-Basin Mothers' Day revenge!

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 21846
Naturally, SF and Taos closed for the season yesterday.
DH has pneumonia and I am going to see if I am following in his footsteps, otherwise I'd get my uphill skis ready.
What a lousy way to end the season.
Hopefully, there will be A-Basin Mothers' Day revenge!

Taos is reopening tomorrow for the rest of the week! $20 tickets. I think they are spinning 1, 2, 4, and 7? I can't find where I read it.