• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What kind of lodging do you prefer on a ski trip?

What kind of lodging and do you eat in or eat out

• Ski house with a bunch other ski friends

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Ski house alone or family

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Condo

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Hotel suite

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Hotel/Motel

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Do you Eat In?

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Do you eat out?

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Combination of eating in and eating out

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • Do you like staying with a group of other skiers?

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Do you prefer to get your own lodging?

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
For us we really want that ski in ski out experience. This started when our kids were quite young, staying slope side was incredibly convenient. Typically we book a vacation rental and that becomes our private base camp/lodge at the hill. We typically plan on breakfast and dinner in the unit but will buy lunch on the hill. This year with Covid we did all meals in our unit though we did indulge a little at Big Sky ordering from the Gourmet Gal as well as cooking our own meals.

Our other requirement is that the unit we rent have its own hot tub. These ski vacations are just as much about family time as they are skiing. After skiing we like to soak in the hot tube with the kids taking turns to roll in the snow. après ski will include cooking, playing games and watching movies as a family. We typically ski bell to bell and believe or not the last thing we want to do after a day on the slopes is shower, change, pile into the car and drive to a restaurant. Something really nice about having relaxing family time together after a day on the slopes.

This lodging preference tends to inform our decision around where to ski. Normally interior BC is our go to destination though this year it has been Montana.

We do also enjoy Banff, which is close to where I grew up. There ski bus system is incredibly convenient and has stops in front of most hotels. So while they do not have ski in ski out accommodation (except for the one hotel in Sunshine), staying in downtown Banff is pretty cool and their are some reasonably priced hotels with family suites etc and very cool ski town vibe.

Now when I am on ski trips without my kids/family that is a different story ;)

Sponsor

Staff online