• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

VW Scandal...It continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Also reading that it looks like no fix in sight for a fix on the 15's though.
I noticed that. It's difficult to imagine that after a year they don't have something. With the DEF cars it should be a program change. Maybe VW needs to get those cars turned in to hit the 85 or 90 percent sell back and they're concerned too many would keep them if the fix is effective and doesn't change too much. All the 15's on the lots count toward that number. @Philpug can't be the only one who is interested in putting a 15 on the road.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The news says over 330,000 people have signed up for settlement benefits. Was that for the two $500 cards? Because I don't think anyone has signed up for the buyback since it hasn't been approved yet.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The news says over 330,000 people have signed up for settlement benefits. Was that for the two $500 cards? Because I don't think anyone has signed up for the buyback since it hasn't been approved yet.
I think it is the people that have registered w/VWoA.

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier

Buyback hasn't been approved, but the buyback site is up and running. I think they're counting the folks who have registered there. It's even giving people appointment times.

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Every VW dealer within 100 miles (that's a lot around here) is sending me mail offering to help with my buyback. Just got a letter from a place in New Hampshire.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every VW dealer within 100 miles (that's a lot around here) is sending me mail offering to help with my buyback. Just got a letter from a place in New Hampshire.
We only have one dealer her ein Reno but I am sure the Sac dealers will notify me and there is a dealer in Arizona that knows me and is fairly aggressive. I have no problem taking a road trip to bring a car home.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
I read that each owner will get a bonus payment of at least $5k in addition to the pre-problem trade in value. Is this factored into your settlement? Don't remember seeing this mentioned previously

It's blue book trade in at the time of the scandal +20% + penalty +/- mileage adjustment.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I read that each owner will get a bonus payment of at least $5k in addition to the pre-problem trade in value. Is this factored into your settlement? Don't remember seeing this mentioned previously
That about it in a nutshell. Some are upset that the buyback is based on Trade-Value verses either Private Party or Retail since we are nto really trading vehicles in, but selling them and that there is a mileage penalty. My objection is that if my car was a 2011, and the mileage and equipment was identical, It would be valued almost $3,000 more, there is a whole in the numbers going from 2011 to 2010. If I go back to my original estimates from when this happened, I am getting about what I would have been happy with then so I really don't have much to complain other than others are getting more ;).

Now, does VW want to keep us as customers, will there be any type of retention/incentive program?

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Now, does VW want to keep us as customers, will there be any type of retention/incentive program?

This, if it wasn't for the all-track I'd definitely be looking elsewhere. Lots of dealers reaching out to "help" with the buyback, but there's been no mention of any retention programs.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Gee, before this is over, you'll get to wear out your existing car, and still get pre-crisis price plus some extra. What a deal.

But what about the poor schmuck who totals his VW before the buyback happens. The insurance company will give him current value, but will VW make up the difference for him?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gee, before this is over, you'll get to wear out your existing car, and still get pre-crisis price plus some extra. What a deal.

But what about the poor schmuck who totals his VW before the buyback happens. The insurance company will give him current value, but will VW make up the difference for him?
The trick is to get into an accident jsut bad enough where it doesn't total the car but nt enough where it is not drivable to get to the dealer under it's own power. Don't ask us how we know. :doh:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A pretty good article from The Chicago Tribune. Not sure where this extra $1k from "Backer" is coming from and who Backer is..but I will take it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So today they announced the agreement will cost VW 15 billion dollars. That's 50% more than what I saw the past few months where they were looking more like 10 billion dollars to offer in settlements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online