• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Fry Daddy - 5 Bucks - Goodwill! I actually bought a few years ago but just broke out for first time in a while. It was brand new but I think it was made in the late 70's or early 80's. Classic frylicious goodness. For the ski theme, will use for quick apps après ski this year. Today cooked organic red bliss fries and Costco Mozzarella sticks in coconut oil.
KIMG0414.jpg

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last years kaestle fx85, no wood version. @Tony S let me try his in whistler and I fell in love. They made skiing feel effortless and even easy. Hoping they'll help me improve this season, particularly in bumps, trees, and steeps.

Got them for 460 shipped. Here they are behind my desk at work:
IMG_5788.JPG

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Snagged this Marmot like-new soft shell made of Polartec Power Shield for $35 shipped off Ebay. While I love my CO FreeRide Systems gear for when I need a big-time shell, I wanted a lighweight, highly breathable softshell for touring. Stoked to get it out on the trail.

ZH7ht29.jpg

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Last years kaestle fx85, no wood version. @Tony S let me try his in whistler and I fell in love. They made skiing feel effortless and even easy. Hoping they'll help me improve this season, particularly in bumps, trees, and steeps.

Got them for 460 shipped. Here they are behind my desk at work:
View attachment 29905
What was for lunch?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't think it's Mad Greens. She is in NYC.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I took a gamble on the "destination" salad at chopt. It's the Nashville hot chicken salad....meh.
I'll stick to my usual (once every three weeks salad) - Texas po boy. That salad tastes like cool ranch Doritos!

neither of those sound like salads ....

NateR

Booting up
Skier
I'd gone to Racewerks at the end of this past season to purchase a race helmet, and ended up getting a Shred Basher NoShock (don't care for the styling, but it was the most comfortable one they had at the time) for like $125 I think it was.

Fast-forward to last week, and I was looking for a chin guard. I run across https://www.sportsprotective.com/ who is currently going out of business, and see that they're selling the identical helmet for $45. At that price I figured I'd leave the chin guard on one and just swap helmets for GS, and have a backup helmet in case one gets damaged.

Also ended up getting the chin guard for $10, and a Slytech backpack for $40 or $45 I think it was. Some smokin' deals on there... Wish I'd caught it when they had more stock.

Also ended up getting a pair of 2016 Head i.GS 181cm 25m skis + FreeFlex Pro 14 bindings for $420 shipped, brand new, from ASOGear.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^ I got a pair of Head Rock n Rolls from ASOGear a couple of years back, at a least a year after they had been discontinued. $400 incl. Marker Griffons. I thought they were a pretty good outfit.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Is that 2 pair of BC's now? I wanna see some actual pictures once you get these offloaded at the pier.:popcorn:

yea, two bc's, the Anima & the Captis, 2017 new, & the redster dd's, used...i hope Im done
Captis and redster's at shop getting mounted now, the Anima's should be here next week

Sponsor