• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Tis the season for ski related purchases. My Santa Ana's arrived yesterday. Off season is often the best time for deals and besides what else are you supposed to do during the summer.
Post pics!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Post pics!

Here's my new skis. I posted about them right after I bought them but now they're in my hot little hands. These were part of a test fleet sent to a ski shop in colorado. They only have 1 day on them and I got them for $525 with bindings. Photo op over and now my "fatties" are going to sleep until we get some powder or slush. I'm scouting for some used Head SuperShape Rally's so if anyone gets a lead on any please shoot me a PM. Thanks :)

21617566_10155029000078014_8768227325856887660_n.jpg

Last edited:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hope it fits you better than that guys.....

Always a worry when you can't try it on. I am right between a L and an XL and went for the large. It says it has a relaxed fit. I can always wear this one for "warmer" weather and my Spyder for the colder weather with more layering.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah I'm the same, lucky for me I'm on one brand and know their fit, are you a Volkl guy??
I bet you could find some pretty cool stuff from them .

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah I'm the same, lucky for me I'm on one brand and know their fit, are you a Volkl guy??
I bet you could find some pretty cool stuff from them .

I would not say I am a Volkl guy as I don't have Volkl skis... I don't have ANY skis yet, but that will be corrected prior to December 11th

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Is that 2 pair of BC's now? I wanna see some actual pictures once you get these offloaded at the pier.:popcorn:
this years off-season additions.............so far........
20170926_145030.jpg

bindings s/b here sometime tonight for the Anima's, then off to the shop

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I hope you have many opportunities to use the Animas this season! (Will expect a follow-up when they have been drilled.)

Thursday, November 9, 2017
to
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 ( hopefully )

Result: 238 days

should be a day or two to use em'

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I hope you have many opportunities to use the Animas this season! (Will expect a follow-up when they have been drilled.)

Thursday, November 9, 2017
to
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 ( hopefully )

Result: 238 days

should be a day or two to use em'
Well, my statement was a bit self serving... if @MountainMonster is pulling out the powder boards I am too, cuz we are usually skiing at the same area. I like fresh snow.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Here is my purchase I need to brag about. only $100 on Fleabay and the calibration seems to be right on. I had to build my own tilt vise. I just copied what VSS makes. I love having full access to a Machine Shop. now I'll be able to Test all my vintage bindings in the comfort of my own garage.

I would like to start a thread all things Vermont Ski Safety binding Release Calibrator. what would be the best Location? I learned to run one of these in the early 80's and the re is a great training video on their website but I'm sure I'll have questions for some of the more experienced users.

20170927_180821_resized.jpg
20170927_180912_resized.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is my purchase I need to brag about. only $100 on Fleabay and the calibration seems to be right on. I had to build my own tilt vise. I just copied what VSS makes. I love having full access to a Machine Shop. now I'll be able to Test all my vintage bindings in the comfort of my own garage.

I would like to start a thread all things Vermont Ski Safety binding Release Calibrator. what would be the best Location? I learned to run one of these in the early 80's and the re is a great training video on their website but I'm sure I'll have questions for some of the more experienced users.

View attachment 30413 View attachment 30414
TOTAL SCORE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you @TheBestSkier and Colorado Freeride Systems for the Antero II jacket, base layer and Bross 3 mid-layer/jacket. Great quality, great service and great deal. Complications are part of life, we had one but you guys resolved it like champs.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
may not be the best place to post this.
but for those of you within striking distance of Whistler if you really want to brag about gear purchases your best opportunity in this region is next weekend's annual Turkey sale
deals on everything and in Canadian dollars. have felt like bragging every year I've gone

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Ski Diva Lizzy and I went to the semi-annual Chelsea Repfest. This is the Ottawa area sales rep sale of their samples. The Fall sale is more ski type stuff. Lots of Nordica and Blizzard skis. Lots of Bergman, Quartz and other high end clothes. Lole, Giro and Sugoi were there too.

I picked up a new pair of LEKI carbon fibre poles in 42". No need to shorten! Perfect.

Also picked up a floor bicycle tire pump. I have one at home, not one at the cottage where the mountain bike is. So for $20!!

Head rep had a few Supershapes and one pair of Absolute Joys. Too short for me. But he and I going to have a talk about skis to demo.

Ran into a kid (like 30 now) that I taught. He's going for his level 4 in the next few years.

Sponsor