• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA: Tech Tip, How to Use a Ski Rack in Two Easy Steps.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bet all those skis in the pics in this thread WERE on the racks, and those darn snowboarders came along and arranged them all over the snow just to frame skiers!!
This is how conspiracy theories get started. :popcorn:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This did not seem to be a problem until the use of ski brakes became standard. Nobody would leave their skis without brakes laying down on the snow.
Ya but back then the tails were flat enough to just stick them in the snow pointing up everywhere. Pick your poison.

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sadly, it is a good amount of kids skis I see all over that we have to walk over and navigate around. But the question is, where did they learn these poor habits?

This is from earlier this season. Another mountain's race team was training at Mt. Rose, the team left their gear, bags and skis out on the snow ... but it was off to the side so people didn't have to climb over it. I got no problem with that. View attachment 226958
They are the same people who stop at the lift entrance and wait for their friends.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They are the same people who stop at the lift entrance and wait for their friends.
You have no idea how many times we've skied by them saying...not the place to wait.

Sponsor

Staff online