• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pop-up Free Experience

MaxThrottleton

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
SkiTalk needs your support to thrive! Kick in $50 annually, dodge those pesky pop-ups, or go big with $100 for no ads plus SkiTalk swag. Your contribution scores a Supporter badge and keeps our community strong. Existing donors? You’re already set. Let’s ditch the ads and keep SkiTalk awesome!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk needs your support to thrive! Kick in $50 annually, dodge those pesky pop-ups, or go big with $100,000 for no ads plus SkiTalk swag. Your contribution scores a Supporter badge and keeps our community strong. Existing donors? You’re already set. Let’s ditch the ads and keep SkiTalk awesome!
FIFY. ;) But yes, thank you for understanding and I can say with bias, best first post ever!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Buy now and you will lock in the low low price of $50. Is that calendar or rolling? I am really just interested. How many more new sign ups did you get over the jan to march quarter? Are you considering raising the fee this year?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm. Wasn't there an "other amount" option?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Buy now and you will lock in the low low price of $50. Is that calendar or rolling? I am really just interested. How many more new sign ups did you get over the jan to march quarter? Are you considering raising the fee this year?
It is rolling year ... if you subscribe today, 4.4.24, it will run to 4.3.25. $50 is the minimum. There are higher contribution levels to choose from.
Wasn't there an "other amount" option?
Yes. Any contibution $50 or more including $10/mo. If someone is considering an amount not listed here We will be happy to help you contribute, no donation is too large.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll just piece it together from the standard amounts.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just being honest as a consumer and not an expert or buddy or critic. The current model seems to be bound to produce less subscription revenue over the years while the paying members provide the bulk of interactive content. Just don’t see subscription revenue increasing as members attrite. Perhaps there are larger forces in play.

And btw if we click on that junk it is not intentional.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got the same style ad just now (Edge, Win11). And what's worse, the "close ad" button doesn't close it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Google the true evil empire :geek::nono: :cool:
You are not wrong. We have been fighting with them since the beginning. We will get dinged when an ad might be questionable but they will not tell us which ad and there is no way to figure it out ... the worst part is that GOOGLE placed the ad. It is like playing wack-a-mole. With that side, Google sometimes places ads like these pop-ups that are not approved by us. As frustrating it is for you, it is 10x for us.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got. :( It smells like google doing auto crap again. Even though settings are off.

1713450940411.png

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI, Popups are intolerable right now on my laptop.

Sponsor

Staff online