• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stickers on helmet: Gaper or Groovy?

• Stickers on your helmet are sure signs of a Gaper

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • Stickers on your helmet are cool and signs of your experience

Votes: 49 46.7%

• Total voters

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Stickers are currently very big in our household. I don't have a problem with them on others. But I thought I read somewhere that it'll ruin/void the warranty on helmets? I could be mistaken. I figure, if a sticker ruins the helmet, I have bigger things to worry about.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not just for helmets....
94FE930C-0303-462D-BB65-6427D12BFE19.jpeg

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I have no stickers on my helmet. I am considering a new one, but in any case what I' like to do is to have it aerographed with some image, not of localities or sites I have traveled to/skied, but of something that represents my past.
Obviously I have no problem with others putting stickers on their helmets.
Now, this poll thread is about stickers on helmets and ski, so...sorry I do not have stickers on my helmet but...on my backpack yes!
How comes? It's easy, I use a rigid backpack from Boblbee (a swedish firm I think now defunct). Heavy as hell, particularly if/when I skin/walk my way up the mountain, but comfortable and...doubles as back protector (already tested)...

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
O, full confession, all my helmets do have this one, but it is of course an integral part of the ScotsSkier branding....ogsmileogsmile

IMG_0076.JPG

I also usually have my own Company logos on the side of the helmet but that is of course my sponsor.....ogwink

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
No stickers on my helmet, but lots on a pair of K2's that I think have hideous graphics. The stickers are better art. I look forward to adding a pugski sticker to those.

But I thought I read somewhere that it'll ruin/void the warranty on helmets? I could be mistaken. I figure, if a sticker ruins the helmet, I have bigger things to worry about.

On a serious note, I worked for a safety company in a past life and this was a big issue on hardhats, climbing helmets, etc. because stickers can hide cracks in the helmet that cause it to fail in a fall or impact. Not as much of an issue for a ski helmet because of the use time, but just something to think about.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No stickers on my helmet, but lots on a pair of K2's that I think have hideous graphics. The stickers are better art. I look forward to adding a pugski sticker to those.

On a serious note, I worked for a safety company in a past life and this was a big issue on hardhats, climbing helmets, etc. because stickers can hide cracks in the helmet that cause it to fail in a fall or impact. Not as much of an issue for a ski helmet because of the use time, but just something to think about.
Ahh, thanks for the info! I always wondered.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

What about a "This Side up" sticker?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Haikus or limericks anyone?

Unadorned helmet
Nondescript, lost in the crowd.
A Pugski stands out.

There once was a helmet quite plain
Who experienced quite the disdain:
All of the other cool kids,
Had stickers on their lids--
Please don’t keep her waiting in vain!

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
My kids load up their helmets with stickers. As they get older they get more discerning about what they put on their helmets. My helmet remains stickerless.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If @Ron can put sardines on his helmet, why not pot-stickers? (The first kind).

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
I don't put them on my cars, skis or helmets. I don't care if you choose to. However, if you put stickers on your helmet and car, then it's my prerogative to judge you based on the content of said stickers.

epicentre

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm definitely a minimalist. That said, I have no problem putting some stickers on my gear. Helps that since I work in a print shop I can pretty much design and print my own.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm definitely a minimalist. That said, I have no problem putting some stickers on my gear. Helps that since I work in a print shop I can pretty much design and print my own.

I sense an opportunity here...Do you take custom orders? ogwink

Sponsor

Staff online