• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stickers on helmet: Gaper or Groovy?

• Stickers on your helmet are sure signs of a Gaper

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • Stickers on your helmet are cool and signs of your experience

Votes: 49 46.7%

• Total voters

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
The word "stickers" triggered a diversion in my thought process to the Cars movies, where Sally calls McQueen "Stickers" because of his headlight stickers, which then cycled back to the idea of headlight stickers on a ski helmet. My brain does that a lot.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fair enough

Hopefully it's good judgement :)

21753401_10155022369768014_1055411807204545917_o.jpg
Good stickers, Great plate! :thumb::thumb:

Btw, do you have any plans to ski Silverton ... then again, the Plate and Silverton's "Snow Makes Me Wet" sticker would probably cause multiple traffic accidents in your wake! :P

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The word "stickers" triggered a diversion in my thought process to the Cars movies, where Sally calls McQueen "Stickers" because of his headlight stickers, which then cycled back to the idea of headlight stickers on a ski helmet. My brain does that a lot.

hmmm, given the license plate were you thinking brights ?????...:micdrop:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I of course have a pugski sticker on my helmet. I always chuck one or two on my skis to mark left from right. Though the chipping on the tips usually soon fills that function.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If by "stickers" you mean the size and feature stickers that come on the helmet - Vote #1
If by "stickers" you mean a tastefully placed Pugski sticker, then Vote #2 with an addendum
Stickers on helmet: Gaper or Groovy?
Edit
  1. Stickers on your helmet are sure signs of a Gaper
  2. Stickers on your helmet are cool and signs of your passionate about skiing 12 months of the year.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Being the Sandals thread was closed.... I guess I will entertain myself here for a while

We both have St. Barts stickers on our cars, but due to hurricane Irma we unfortunately will not be going there anytime soon

As for helmets and skis, I will put a PugSki sticker on one or both. I like the idea of one on a ski to identify left from right
:philgoat:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I shunned stickers. Give them all to the kids. Until I found these:

fischer.jpg

One on either side of a black helmet looks really cool. I have people say "I didn't know fischer makes helmets". :). Helmet isn't handy, or I'd show you.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
what I cant work out is why some people feel the need to put a "head" sticker on their helmets.....of course we know it is a head, where else would you wear a helmet!!!! :popcorn:

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Have a white Smith Varian Brim but no stickers will be applied as it has been elaborately custom painted just like 2 of my 3 current skis. Have never really paid much attention to stickers on other sliders gear beyond being mildly amused. Of course boarders were huge with stickers so there has likely been some division of acceptance by skiers from that angle alone.

On Epic, did start what became a rather lengthy thread on custom painting skis. Adding stickers shares the same purpose as painting for making one's gear unique within a sea of model sameness. Both my helmet and skis are conversation pieces that serves some purpose with other lift riders for this admittedly gregarious lift rider. Of course with stickers, much on the gaperness scale will depend on exactly what a sticker shows or reads. My Forester does have a Kirkwood sticker on the rear bumper and my painted Twister bump skis Kirkwood stickers between the binding pieces so I guess am already a stickerish guy.

My old S7 skis I use on fresh powder days are already painted with fluorescent spray paint that looks 2 gud glowing during flat light stormy conditions so don't want to mutilate that.

But little me has a pair of those banana yellow 155cm Scott The Ski skis where I could put the PugSki stickers between the binding pieces and thus give them their deserving unique look up on a ski rack. So yeah Phil, please save a pair of your new stickers for this humble lad and I will slap them down there. After all your review of that model a few years ago did affect that purchase. They are almost as good in bumps as my Twisters but more importantly are a better short turn all mountain floatation choice on shallow fresh snow days.

SSSdave

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Stickers on skis can be a great conversation starter. Once got given the guided tour at Alta by starting off talking about his Las Lenas trip.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2017-09-22 19.10.31.jpg

My stickers have started conversations on the lift and in lines. It's a good icebreaker. I've got a Jay Peak one on the other side. Where should I put the Pugski one? There's nothing on the front but I have to save some space for a Jackson Hole sticker!

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
Mad River Glen Sticker - Pro
Vail Sticker - Joe

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Not that I wouldn't have known eventually, but I got to know about the WB trip this past year, a year before because of a Pugski sticker....Not used to seeing Pugski stickers at Tremblant..

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
No stickers on Helmet yet, at least not till I get the famous Pugski stickers. But I do have the skis covered.....I'm a 60 year old geek
20170922_190909.jpg

Attachments

• 20170922_211334.jpg
    20170922_211334.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2

James

Out There
Instructor
First helmet,2000/'01. Most were appaled at the time it was white. I stiched a crack with copper wire for awhile because the new Ovo helmet, (brand out of business now), hadn't arrived before ESA Brighton 1/2003.

IMG_4335.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Glad to see this kind of quality online content didn't die with EpicSki's demise. :popcorn:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January