• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stickers on helmet: Gaper or Groovy?

• Stickers on your helmet are sure signs of a Gaper

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • Stickers on your helmet are cool and signs of your experience

Votes: 49 46.7%

• Total voters

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Poll is flawed. I don't care if others have stickers but I don't care for them on my stuff except for a couple that are big exceptions.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone else want a Pugski sticker for their helmet, shoot me a PM. We have a special new one coming. :popcorn:

I have a small Pugski sticker on my helmet. (the only sticker, by the way) it just doesn't stick well, because of the curves of the helmet. There is always a pucker. Does the new sticker address that?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Backcountry Goat sticker: Gaper
Vail/Breck/Park City sticker: Gaper
Silverton "Snow Makes Me Wet" sticker: Bro
Duct tape: Pro.

(I am not a pro, despite the duct tape on the helmet. I do admit though it is L.L. Bean "critters" duct tape. Matches my boots.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a small Pugski sticker on my helmet. (the only sticker, by the way) it just doesn't stick well, because of the curves of the helmet. There is always a pucker. Does the new sticker address that?
Mayyyybe. Just got them in. But any flat sticker on a curved area can cause puckers.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Altaholic. My cross to bear but I let others know with a sticker on my helmet in case they want to give me a wide berth.
Besides I don't know what a gaper is, but if it is one who views in amazement and with gaping jaw at the skill and grace of some on the slopes, then I guess I am one.

Since you don't know what a gaper is and neither do I, good old Urban Dictionary to the rescue:

"A gaper is a skier or snowboarder who is completely clueless. Usually distinguished by their bright colored clothes and a gaper gap, the gap between goggles and a helmet/hat. Gapers also do the "Gaper Tuck" which is an attempt at being a ski racer by tucking, however, it is done incorrectly with the poles sticking straight up like thunderbolts and lighting, very very frightening! Gapers also sit at the bottom of jumps and try and go big off table tops in the park".

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Some folk love to adorn their bodies with tattoos or their heads with stickers as a form of self expression. I will pass on both as wearing shorts in the Winter says enough. Favorite helmet sticker that i’ve seen was on a dirtbag Jay local getting off the tram that warned across the back of his head “Don’t follow Me, I make poor choices."

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
It was something that our kids did - I mean completely covered. My wife and I not so much. At one time, many years ago, I had a single resort, Jay Peak which was my home mountain and it was just their maple leaf. That was my first helmet, after that I never did again.

It is not something I care for personally but I also do not judge when I see it. The gaper term is over used and we probably all are one in one form or the other based on how others perceive things. But who cares about the others IMO. Do what you like.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have 2 on my helmet. I'm a Ski Diva and Pugski. I have 2 on my Equinox...Pugski and PaddleChica. My Rossi Hero's are adorned too with Pugski and Ski Diva. That's so I know they are mine among the throngs at Tremblant. Didn't do the Temptations as they are going up for sale.

Classy and free stickers are good. Tattered ones not so much.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I used to have more stickers on my helmet, but I've pared it down to three essentials:
  • Mad River Glen: Ski it if you can
  • A generic Stowe logo sticker
  • Ski The East

The MRG sticker has gotten me comments from Stowe lifties, the Stowe sticker has gotten me comments from MRG lifties and the "Ski the East" sticker has gotten me lots of comments out west, most memorably on the hike up the East Wall at A-Basin... the comment was along the lines of "Hey East Coast boy, can you breathe up here". Yeah, ummm, not really, thanks for asking though!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In theory , yes.
In practice, no.

Sponsor

Staff online