• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Plenty of hotels in SLC. The good news is that you can make a reservation, and then cancel up to the day you are to arrive. I had a reservation at the Cottonwood Residence Inn since October, just canceled it no problem.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Little preview of the past 2 days at Snowbird. Utah is supposed to get another pretty good dump Sunday into Monday.

Wow. Salivating. (Headed for Quebec, but it is not looking particularly good. Starving for some really good skiing.)

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On OpenSnow, AltaBird has gone from 15"-23" for the coming storm to 18"-30" :golfclap:

View attachment 39747

After such a crappy low snow beginning/middle of the season in UT....

If u guys get dumped on out there this year and continue your Gathering(s) of good snow........I am def jumping on board next year to get in on the fun. You guys/girls always seem to get the goods.

Totally looking forward to watching your trip unfold.....

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
After such a crappy low snow beginning/middle of the season in UT....

If u guys get dumped on out there this year and continue your Gathering(s) of good snow........I am def jumping on board next year to get in on the fun. You guys/girls always seem to get the goods.

Totally looking forward to watching your trip unfold.....

We ARE the goods.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a reminder, if it's a powder day and a group of up to 5 want to pony up for a private "lesson", you will get early ups at 8 a.m. It's $399, plus tip ogwink
And yes, I know a few L3s I'd recommend, with @utskier being the first I'd bring up. Available on weekends only. :D

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
Just a reminder, if it's a powder day and a group of up to 5 want to pony up for a private "lesson", you will get early ups at 8 a.m. It's $399, plus tip ogwink
And yes, I know a few L3s I'd recommend, with @utskier being the first I'd bring up. Available on weekends only. :D

Clarification needed: Is this for a REAL all-day powder "lesson" or is it a mtn "tour" for expert powder skiers? Do you have to reserve in advance?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Clarification needed: Is this for a REAL all-day powder "lesson" or is it a mtn "tour" for expert powder skiers? Do you have to reserve in advance?
It is a lesson through the ski school. Yes, it CAN be an actual lesson--the instructor will do whatever you want, and yes, it can be for any level. Keep in mind the lesson will have to cater to the lowest level skier, so if you have a group, it's best to match skill sets or at least comfort level with terrain. And yes, you have to reserve in advance so they can prep for the early uppers. It can be a 3-hour or 5-hour lesson, your choice (5 hour is $599.) If you DO decide to do this, please get in touch with me so I can recommend a few awesome level 3 instructors for you. You'll have to call the ski school the day prior at the latest and give the name of the instructor.

And, we have gotten 11 inches at Snowbasin so far, with that amount forecast to at LEAST double today! The Cottonwoods have gotten more thanks to the elevation. Another storm is lined up behind this one! Two more of these and we'd be in GREAT shape. I did hit a boulder off-piste on a steep face on Friday--oops! So, coverage is thin for sure, but these storms are going to set us up nicely. Temps are forecast to be frigid midweek. Needless to say, we are stoked here!

Sponsor

Staff online