• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Usually if you have enough people buying lunch it provides cover for those in your group eating a lunch they brought.

edit - like this Jackson Hole picture
View attachment 39482

Wait, I’m the only gal in that dozen... AND it happened again 10 days ago on a 0830 snowcat ride at Chisepurini near Niseko, the only difference being 11 Japanese touring guys vs 11 white downhill guys who all look the same...

You know I love hanging with you all but only bring this up because I’ve been confused several times with other Asian ladies who show up at the gathering.

Anyway, that’s why I love the Whistler ladies photo op so much (except some dude pretended to ski like a girl... lol, he knows I adore him). Who took that photo? Let’s see it again!

Maybe we’ll need to post one of all the Asian gals and offer top prize to the one who can tell us apart.

Last edited:

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Wait, I’m the only gal in that dozen... AND it happened again 10 days ago on a 0830 snowcat ride at Chisepurini near Niseko, the only difference being 11 Japanese touring guys vs 11 white downhill guys who all look the same...

You know I love hanging with you all but only bring this up because I’ve been confused several times with other Asian ladies who show up at the gathering.

Anyway, that’s why I love the Whistler ladies photo op so much (except some dude pretended to ski like a girl... lol, he knows I adore him). Who took that photo? Let’s see it again!

Maybe we’ll need to post one of all the Asian gals and offer top prize to the one who can tell us apart.
Jenny,

Hanging out with a bunch of bald guys slamming cough syrup shots at lunch

That's as good as it gets, and you love it

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Meanwhile, back on the topic of skiing.....

On Saturday the 2nd, just before the official Gathering starts on Sunday, I will be either at Snowbasin, or possible Beaver Mountain (if some family in Logan want to ski). Since I will be staying in Eden for a few days, thought I might get some night skiing at Nordic Valley. Any interest in a Saturday night pre-Gathering Gathering at Nordic Valley?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
except some dude pretended to ski like a girl.

Pretend? No.

Friday, 02/07/2014, Utah gathering at Snowbird. @Lady_Salina looking up from the bottom of Mineral Basin with Mamie. I was wearing a black jacket with yellow pants. A combo she never seen before. While I was skiing down toward them, LS said, "who is that girl? She skis lot like me." Hence "ski like a girl."

Unless you would like to tell @Lady_Salina she skis like a dude. :D

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

On Saturday the 2nd, just before the official Gathering starts on Sunday, I will be either at Snowbasin, or possible Beaver Mountain (if some family in Logan want to ski). Since I will be staying in Eden for a few days, thought I might get some night skiing at Nordic Valley. Any interest in a Saturday night pre-Gathering Gathering at Nordic Valley?

And ... forecast is looking more promising!

National Weather Service said:
A digging trough slides south through the Great Basin Saturday into
Sunday from the EC, while the GFS opens a broad longwave trough
draped across the northern Rockies. The EC has a better advertised
baroclinic zone with more frontogenetic forcing Sunday, with 700mb
temps dropping to -14C with better available moisture. While the GFS
finally digs a trough into the Great Basin by Tuesday, the EC
further enhances the trough with a cut off low forming overhead of
Utah by late Monday. Differences aside, this pattern looks very
active and through the weekend a storm system looks promising to
bring some much anticipated winter precipitation to at least a good
portion of Utah.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently. It looks like I had a bit too much Nyquil and I'm sleeping it off.

Face it, none of us is at our best in that shot. I wish it would go away.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just part of my bald head showing in the pic. We need to do a re-shoot, same seating confirguaration, same people, at the Snowbasin lodge.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier

@ David Chaus, 7 friends/family and I will also be in the Eden area (Moose Hollow) pre-Gathering. First day on the snow Friday, March 2. General plan is Snowbasin, Powder Mtn, alternate activity, Snowbasin, but will adjust based on conditions.

Drop me a message. We'd enjoy meeting up with other folk.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We just got back from skiing Snowbasin for two days and, even though they're having a low tide moment, the mountain was skiing quite well.
One or two good storms will really open things up.

Meanwhile, I got this snow report for Alta and Snowbird which looks very promising.
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.15.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.18.01 AM.png

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's a whole lot better than the Poconos right now :doh:

I figured I would be using local skiing to get warmed up for the gathering. Looks like the trip may be my skiing for the year:(

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online