• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hockey 2023-2024

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Two goalies on IR with no way to tell how long for either.. Oh well, it was fun for a little while..

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the Leafs kryptonite. No fight back.

Saw this today: "Mitch Marner says Leafs aren’t frustrated: 'We gotta ignore what everyone else says. We know we're a great hockey team. We show up every night. I mean, this last four games that we've had leads, we've played some awesome hockey, some great hockey.'”

Just imagine Mackinnon saying this. No, Mackinnon is the one with his head in his hands saying, "I haven't won shit." Unfortunately, the Leafs' Big 4 just doesn't have the same hatred of losing that they need to have. At least this is my view from outside the situation. I do actually feel sorry for Leafs fans, really and truly. Sorta.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
That's exactly it. Like I'm generally not really very competitive but even *I* want to push someone's face in if I'm losing three games in a row with nobody trying. I can't see how they are so laissez faire about it.

As for the fans, we deserve it. :roflmao:

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That's exactly it. Like I'm generally not really very competitive but even *I* want to push someone's face in if I'm losing three games in a row with nobody trying. I can't see how they are so laissez faire about it.

$$$$ is the easy answer; but is it true? I just watch some things from this end, where the Avs have had some good and great teams over the past half decade, but "only" one Cup, and they are always a little irritable about how things are going. The fans (well, some) are even worse. But like 95% of teams and fanbases would love to have what the Avs have. Mackinnon isn't the captain and I'm pretty sure never will be, but he certainly is the driver of the bus. Well, maybe more the bad cop. Landeskog, I think, is the good cop. (Nichushkin, apparently, needs a cop.) It's been a little off with Landy gone, but he is skating again.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah and Leafs fans have a short memory. It could be far worse. But the bar is high and so it goes.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I just wanna see if Pronger is there so I can ask him what he REALLY thought of Mike Keenan... :roflmao:

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Welcome to NHL All Star Weekend in Toronto!!
IMG_20240202_121616335.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online