• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hockey 2023-2024

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Let's go! It's the most wonderful time of the year..

I start tomorrow. That feeling when you realize you haven't washed your gitch since April...

1693958395860.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Canes are LOADED this season. Still don't have that goalie who can stand on his head and steal a series.. But, either one could get hot and become one. Let's light this candle.. just one more month..

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wife is a Vegas fan having spent 20 years of her life here she considers it home. I’m a lifelong Wings fan. The Knights are pretty much the same team they were last year. Not much off season activity. Now the Wings saw Yzerman make a lot of moves. On paper this team is a lot better than they were last year. Lalonde is starting his 2nd season as head coach. A lot will come down to how well the team gels within the system. Having such a high turnover this off season doesn’t help that. The guys that were here last year played some really good team hockey within the new system as the season went on. Excited to see what this season brings for the wings. Excited to see Larkin finally have an elite level winger on his line. Excited about our prospects coming up. A lot of talent in the system. With that said the Red Wings Prospect Tournament starts next week and they go right into camp from that and right into their first preseason matchup 20 days from now. The wife and I are getting excited for the new season.
IMG_1248.jpeg

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Nothing like hopping in the car and seeing this on the dash. Hate summer hockey. 1G 2A, good to get all my scoring for the season out of the way in the first game...

IMG_20230906_163449943_HDR.jpg

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
whoa this is already an infinitely better statistical line than last year!!
unless you were like -15 or something
I was too busy apologizing to the rentagoalie for the debacle that was unfolding before him. He chirped me the whole game then swore he'd never play with us again as he left... Sieve...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nothing like hopping in the car and seeing this on the dash. Hate summer hockey. 1G 2A, good to get all my scoring for the season out of the way in the first game...

View attachment 210629
My AC compressor clutch decided to shit the bed last week. It's cooler than the other side of the pillow for about 5 minutes... then nothing but hot air until the car cools down completely. Coolant sensor probably.. We'll see but if it's expensive I'm gonna wait until next summer.. got a kid finishing college then.. Just put a transmission in his car this week.. broke LOL...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd call this the pickleball of hockey but they don't look old enough...

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Well first day tomorrow for the kids and i'm on the ice for two hours with the boys. Pass shoot drills for one group, defence coach for the other. I suck at all of that so, good luck kids!!! :roflmao:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well first day tomorrow for the kids and i'm on the ice for two hours with the boys. Pass shoot drills for one group, defence coach for the other. I suck at all of that so, good luck kids!!! :roflmao:
I coached youth soccer for 10+ years, mostly as head coach. Every practice/game day I HATED and DREADED the thought that I HAD to be there.. No baking out when 15 kids parents are expecting to drop their kid there and leave for 2 hours.

But, there wasn't a single time I regretted it or didn't feel a sense of accomplishment seeing the kids having fun because someone showed up to do it.

Enjoy it dude! it will be over before you know it and they'll be coaching their own kids. Then you can relax watching your grandkids play and you get to make a scene yelling at the refs LOL..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'll be dead before grandkids, but I appreciate the sentiment and I'm gonna love this time with all the kids! :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'll be dead before grandkids, but I appreciate the sentiment and I'm gonna love this time with all the kids! :)
I'm not sure I'll make it either.. But you're gonna see it's ALWAYS the grandparents yelling at the refs when their grandkid's not playing up to their expectations. Tell the parents early and often that abusing the low paid/volunteer officials will NOT be tolerated EH!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I just looked at the roster for Chicago. I don't know any of them. :) Mainly from Canada. hmmm Maybe they can win a game this year. A little research and I forgot they cleaned house. From the front office on down. I hope they haven't messed up another year.

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I just looked at the roster for Chicago. I don't know any of them. :) Mainly from Canada. hmmm Maybe they can win a game this year. A little research and I forgot they cleaned house. From the front office on down. I hope they haven't messed up another year.
Well they're going to be crap. However, Bedard is generational. I hope he just learns as he goes and they all get better together. Tough few years ahead.. but he'll brighten up your day.

Sponsor

Staff online