• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
So. New to the party, huh?
We've always had one or maybe two trouble makers in our group but our current bunch are next level agents of chaos.

ETA: Right after I typed this I heard a crash from the kitchen and discovered a bunch of stuff from on top of the fridge was now on the floor and counter.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We are currently dealing with a wave a bratty behavior from the majority of our gang. Counter surfing, climbing curtains and screens, attacking unsuspecting loaves of bread, etc. :nono::nono::rolleyes::rolleyes::huh:
Try taping tin foil to the counter tops. Double-sided tape works, too.
I'm glad my current two are only mildly wild and crazy. The worst thing the little guy does is crawl in one of my plants because he likes the long, skinny leaves. He pulls them off and bats them around. I'm very intolerant of cats on my kitchen surfaces so they learn very early that the counter tops are off-limits. (Foil works great.)

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Try taping tin foil to the counter tops. Double-sided tape works, too.
I'm glad my current two are only mildly wild and crazy. The worst thing the little guy does is crawl in one of my plants because he likes the long, skinny leaves. He pulls them off and bats them around. I'm very intolerant of cats on my kitchen surfaces so they learn very early that the counter tops are off-limits. (Foil works great.)
They would probably shred the foil and eat some of it. :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They would probably shred the foil and eat some of it. :roflmao:

Legit. Both Pestilence and Pork Rind lurv them some foil chews.

What keeps Pestilence off stuff is... hockey tape. Too sticky under paws? She's the fastidious one - PR doesn't remember to care in time.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In other news, Pork Rind is turning into a shield bug hunter par excellence. Radar eyes and ears, from across a large room - no pointer could do better.

My experience is they jump up, hit the foil, and freak out. It’s fun!

Eh, she thinks such things are fun too - and she's figured out how to do a BMX wall ride/wall top trajectory where she comes in from one side of the room at speed, does the wall move, rebounds and disappears to the other side of the room.

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Mmm ... I am witnessing a legendary pissing contest. Luna (dog) and Charlotte (cat) have been marking territory on some of the home rugs. Especially in the bathrooms. I already threw away many, i am buying washable ones, but, like the main bathroom received a new rug (for getting off the shower/tub) and it's been "baptized" just an hour later (the idea was to keep that door always closed, but hey, it only takes a distraction)

Has any of you found any deterrent? Enzyme laundry detergent? Pet drying sheet? Something that will discourage these off sisters from peeing on them ... thanks much!

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Move Charlotte hat we ended up doing with all our cats, leaving us with just small, geriatric dogs to deal with. Washable rugs/mats,mar or pee pads over non-washables is our current strategy. Note: non-washables will self eliminate eventually. Once cats have decided to mark stuff, you're hosed.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mmm ... I am witnessing a legendary pissing contest. Luna (dog) and Charlotte (cat) have been marking territory on some of the home rugs. Especially in the bathrooms. I already threw away many, i am buying washable ones, but, like the main bathroom received a new rug (for getting off the shower/tub) and it's been "baptized" just an hour later (the idea was to keep that door always closed, but hey, it only takes a distraction)

Has any of you found any deterrent? Enzyme laundry detergent? Pet drying sheet? Something that will discourage these off sisters from peeing on them ... thanks much!
The smell of rubber backed bath mats attracts some cats to pee on them. We haven't really had an issue but replaced them with cloth ones when we added cats to our household, just in case.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The smell of rubber backed bath mats attracts some cats to pee on them. We haven't really had an issue but replaced them with cloth ones when we added cats to our household, just in case

Unfortunately, she has been pretty much an equal opportunity pisser :roflmao: . Yesterday I spot cleaned the new rug, laundered, dried, closed the door all night, same when i woke up, but i went in ONE frigging second, one. And left the door open, i came back and i see the rug all piled up, and then I see the spot.

:poo:

This the ONE rug I really need. Just for safety reasons. I think I will simply wash it regularly and keep reminding Charlotte that she is breaking my heart. She seems very concerned so far :rolleyes:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Move Charlotte hat we ended up doing with all our cats, leaving us with just small, geriatric dogs to deal with. Washable rugs/mats,mar or pee pads over non-washables is our current strategy. Note: non-washables will self eliminate eventually. Once cats have decided to mark stuff, you're hosed.
Wow - outside=hat?!?!? Sorry about that.

Just so I'm not branded as a cat abuser, we have heated cat houses outside and all the cats get their daily pets and head scratches.

Last edited:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1703603900041.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online