• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey you can teach him how to do the walk n talk and he can give you a ski lesson some time. Win win.

( wonder if he can already do the grumpy guy going for a coffee sting pieces already ;)

Oh no..... You saw that? Too funny.

It will be interesting to see who they get to replace me. I left BBC to do more TV work and could not do both.

I think I have a ski lesson in the works with him.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
IMG_3655.PNG
Don't know if anybody caught this the other day. Post of a pair of Bode's boots that they clearly did a bit of stiffening with. Steel plate bolted to the sole. Note the canting done with the yellow "layer" of lifters.

A lot of shaving down the inside of both of the clogs, too. No booting out, I guess.

Yeah, in case you thought any of his boots were close to "out of the box." Custom clogs, custom cuffs, custom....the works. This is pretty wild.

Was part of many "good luck with your retirement" posts on Instagram.

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
:) Interesting ! A LOT of canting - to get to the new inside quicker i assume? probably a 250 flex now.... :eek:

That would be my guess, BUT, the canting is quite a bit less, it seems on the left boot. I couldn't post the whole pic. Took a screen shot, and wanted to protect the name/account of the poster and other friends.

I would not be surprised if the canting was part of the ongoing fiddling, perhaps even based on the venue being raced. Not permanent like a sole plane would be. Different for sure!

But yeah, that'll stiffen her up, I presume. When a "solid sole" takes on new meaning!

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I wonder what those Full Tilt shoes ended up looking like.

Muleski

Inactive
Yep, from what I have heard, Bode likes and trusts Graham, and he can control exactly what is released in his "In Depth" format. It seems to work.

I think that as he has matured, and with the influence of others, he's must more trusting of the media. Or smart enough to fake it. He is never going to be totally trusting. And now, I think he controls it. Heck, he is an NBC employee these days.

But I think you see the "unvarnished" real Bode, to a large degree, in these. I do think that Bode sort of oversells himself as being some tremendous business mind. He's not modest about that, but would you expect him to be? He was a full time ski racer until 2 years ago. Not like he's been an investment banker, for 15 years, after getting a big name MBA, doing deals.

Some of his business ventures seem sort of different, or risky. Bode is a very unique, interesting, smart and complex guy. And when he opens up, has plenty of ideas about the sport.

Sponsor

Staff online