1. luliski

luliski Getting on the lift Skier

That's what I say. I do like beer on a hot day, but I'll have a glass of water with it. And an IPA is not what I would drink after exercise. If i'm drinking beer on a camping trip, I'll have an insulated pint glass because I can't drink it fast enough to keep it from getting too warm otherwise. So it's not the best thirst quencher.

Doug Briggs likes this.
  2. Swede

Swede Out on the slopes Skier

The USA have had a lousy rep over here in y'rup for the beer. Remember the making love in a canoe-joke? But after a few years in the Midwest (back in y'rup since 2012) I can no longer drink regular lager or pilsner. I need the hops. I'll drink a watery beer on a hot day, but I just can't appreciate a well balanced german or czech beer anymore. Gimme Mosaic, Centinell, Amarillo or Citra. I'll blame it on Summit EPA. That was the starting point. I'd say that the IPA:s etc that came from the US have revolutionized the beer world and beer is now inmo a taste sensation on par with wine. Thank you USA.

John O, Bad Bob, Mike Thomas and 5 others like this.
  3. luliski

I'm not familiar with that joke...I had a hard time finding a beer I wanted to drink in Europe, except when we found a brewpub in Barcelona that brewed IPAs. In Switzerland my family really annoyed the Swiss waiters in our search for something other than lager. But I have a German friend here who can't find an American beer she likes, and she won't drink the German imports because "they're old." Speaking of Mosaic, there's a local brewery here called Bike Dog that makes a delicious Mosaic Pale Ale. That might be a beer for today, rather than the 9.4% Stone Enjoy By. It's starting to get hot here.

Swede likes this.
  4. Swede

F****ng close to water.

Doug Briggs and luliski like this.
  5. Swede

And I think I've been to that pub in Barcelona. The had a few Scandinacian craft brews there as well.

6. Mike Thomas

Mike Thomas Whiteroom Pugski Sponsor

Well, I work in a ski shop. People give me beer... I don't want to confuse the relationship.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Dwight and Bad Bob like this.
  7. luliski

Black lab, or Black Dog? I think it's owned by an American couple. They had good food there, too.

8. James

James Out on the slopes Instructor

You need to go to Montreal for some remedial French.
    Goût is not goat, but taste. To each his own taste.
    Chèvre is goat.

I do like your translation though. I will pass it on to my American friend now living in Paris and married to a Frenchman.
    ...Carry on.

I do hear from a family Ipa snob that Heineken from the factory in Holland is actually good. It is however only like 4 hrs old.

9. SkiNurse

SkiNurse Spontaneous Christy Pugski Ski Tester

I'm a fan of IPAs, stouts, porters, ambers, reds, brown, bourbon-barrel aged, and ESBs. Not a fan of lagers (would rather drink water), pilsners, sours or hefeweizen. Colorado is at the point where it seems that there is a brewery on every street corner. It's hard to keep up! :beercheer:

10. luliski

I know from personal experience that by the time it gets to Spain, it's no longer good. I'd like to try it in Holland though. They own Lagunitas now, or at least part of it, and I love some of Lagunitas' beers.

11. luliski

I bought a six-pack of Stone's Enjoy By 7/04 Unfiltered IPA, despite it being $16.99, 9.4 % ABV and the fact that I am scheduled to do my first hilly road bike ride of the year tomorrow. Can't wait to taste it!

12. Tricia

Tricia The Velvet Hammer Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Well, I confuse easily.

13. Tony S

Tony S aka qcanoe Skier

That's not the one I know. Has to do with proving you're really Canadian.

14. Swede

luliski likes this.
  15. Swede

Today is a perfect day for a Brewdog Punk IPA. I mean, which day isn't? Best thing to come out of Scotland since Kenny Dalglish.

IMG_2854.JPG

16. luliski

I'm drinking coffee, but I have the AC on at 7:45 a.m., so I'm sure I'll want a beer later.

17. Swede

It has its advantages to be ahead in time.
    That one was chilled and went down with some penne bolognese after a work out -- 20 minute run, then 6 different exercises with weights focusing on core and legs+planks (30s)and situps (30s) repeat 3 times, then another 20 minute run and stretching. Alles in alle, circa 60-70 minutes.
    Needless to say, that beer was a-some.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    luliski likes this.
  18. Swede

Let's hope they don't ruin Lagunitas by trying to find shortcuts and cheaper ingredients. The Dutch are the Dutch after all.

19. luliski

Lagunitas in Petaluma is like Disneyland now, it's so popular. I'm heading that way today to get out of the heat, but I hear Russian River has a special release that I may like. That place is also always packed, though.

Swede and Bad Bob like this.
  20. Mike Thomas

Mike Thomas Whiteroom Pugski Sponsor

I came home from work last night to find a 4pack of the new Trapp Brewery Kolsch on my doorstep. Evidently the beer fairy stopped by while I was out. Sorry I missed her.

It is an excellent clean drinking crisp summer beer. I love hoppy beer, but the Von Trapps are doing some nice things with easy drinking Austrian/ German beers.