• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
We've had about 5 micro's start up in the last year in the area. Not a beer drinker....might have been too much at University. Did try a new one from Beau's in Van Kleek Hill last weekend that I could get down, Buenos Dias it was called.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not an IPA fan.
It's not for everyone. I only like IPAs and some extra pale ales and American pale ales. There's something about the taste of lager that I just don't like. Nor do I like stouts or porters. I'm very limited in my beer tastes, so I'm glad there are so many IPAs to try :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Had a lot of beer pics on 'that other ski site' which is no longer. :(

I love beer. It is a passion of mine. Used to be an imperial stout lover/drinker, but evolved into an IPA/IIPA fanatic. We're fortunate to have a lot of choices in craft brew here, now. Have had to up my cycling mileage to keep the weight down from them.
You can say EpicSki. ;)

I've been trying to clear some of the Alchemist limited release beers out of my fridge so I can fit groceries there. It's been tough.
I thought you had friends who could help you with that. ;)

Meanwhile, look what popped up in my news feed.
Bottle Keeper
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 4.15.24 AM.png

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
It's not for everyone. I only like IPAs and some extra pale ales and American pale ales. There's something about the taste of lager that I just don't like. Nor do I like stouts or porters. I'm very limited in my beer tastes, so I'm glad there are so many IPAs to try :)
Lagers, blech! I spit them from my mouth! :poo: There are sooo may other styles of beer that are better tasting, IMO. I rate lagers last out of all styles I've tried. Light/lite lagers are the very worst.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Lagers, blech! I spit them from my mouth! :poo: There are sooo may other styles of beer that are better tasting, IMO. I rate lagers last out of all styles I've tried. Light/lite lagers are the very worst.

My key take-away from this post is: There are sooo may other styles of beer.

You probably like corduroy over powder, too. ;)

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I used to feel like that too until a local brewery, Chuckanut, put out their Vienna Lager. It is incredibly tasty and if you think of lagers as being like Lucky Lager or that ilk, you have no idea what this stuff is like. Chuckanut Brewery (owned and operated by the Kemper of Thomas Kemper fame) has so many medals from the world beer competitions that they just put them on a bar on the wall where they slide another bunch on every time the worlds come around. This year they got something like 7 medals, including several golds. The Vienna Lager took second and their Pilsner took first, neither of which tastes anything like the mass produced garbage you find at the AM/PM. Strangely they sell lots of kegs in Seattle and other urban areas, but here in Bellingham they don't have a huge following. Everyone wants IPAs with too much hops so the subtle flavors get mowed down.

We have lots of breweries here in B'ham (I've lost count), many making fabulous beers. Melvin just opened a new one here, so our beer crew has a field trip scheduled for this coming Monday to try it out.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Of IPAs:
They're a little over done right now..

Funny. I was brewing IPAs in the 80s. I guess I was ahead of my time. That they have been popular recently is just a matter of 'what is hip'. They are on the way out now, it would seem. It's all sour this and sour that around here these days. Talk about yuck!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here's another IPA vote. But my son is the real beer geek of the family. He likes IPA's, but is really into the sours. I can't do much more than choke a sour down under protest. "à chacun son goût" - each chooses his own goat.
Funny. He brought a beer to us when he stayed here. I'm not a beer drinker at all and Phil only likes the occasional beer. The beer he brought is a sour. Its still in the fridge ;)

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know people who drink Coors Light like water after a bike ride or skiing. They even say it's like drinking water.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I know people who drink Coors Light like water after a bike ride or skiing. They even say it's like drinking water.

It is low alcohol (4.2%) compared to 5% for Banquet. Banquet is the only Coors guaranteed to be made from Rocky Mountain water as it is only brewed in Golden. For the record, I despise Coors Light. Any light, pretty much. When I want water, I run the tap.

Sponsor

Staff online