• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Too many good brews to choose in Wisconsin and the U.P.

I do ski tunes for friends and charge them beer. Some times it is nice to see what I get, some times not so much. Now I state no IPAs please.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two good beers in Burlington, Vermont: Foam Brewers Eternal Sunshine (IPA), and Hill Farmstead Edward (APA). Both were good summer pale ales. Especially enjoyed the Foam Brewers. What else should I try out here?

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Two good beers in Burlington, Vermont: Foam Brewers Eternal Sunshine (IPA), and Hill Farmstead Edward (APA). Both were good summer pale ales. Especially enjoyed the Foam Brewers. What else should I try out here?

If you're in Burlington, l-ski, it might gratify you to take a quick side trip to Stowe — Alchemist is in Stowe (with, of course, quite a bit of ski history). Heady Topper and Focal Banger are their famous IPAs.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This may be mass market, but I am really fond of it.
View attachment 26433
We were on our yearly vacation week in a cottage on Cape Cod. The photo was taken inside because it was our only rainy day. Half an hour later the sky opened and it rained about 4 inches in a short time. The driveway flooded and I climbed out the window to move the car because the water was higher than the cottage door sill. I'm glad I was home since the water was an inch below the car door opening when I moved it.

But then 15 minutes later the water started coming in under the walls of the cottage. Fortunately it was our last day so we came home last night instead of this morning.

But it was a good beer.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're in Burlington, l-ski, it might gratify you to take a quick side trip to Stowe — Alchemist is in Stowe (with, of course, quite a bit of ski history). Heady Topper and Focal Banger are their famous IPAs.
We did go to Stowe; took a peek at the mountain, and went to the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum. We stopped for pizza too, but I didn't have any beer there because I was driving on to Burlington. On the way back to Rochester, we stopped at Fiddlehead Brewery, but I only had a taste because I was driving again. I wonder if I could get any Alchemist beers in California? I'm going to ask at my local tap rooms. I love Vermont!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like it, too. Have you tried their new Hop Hunter? Uses hop oil.
For some reason the Torpedo is too bitter for me. And I like bitter. One of our local breweries won a blue ribbon at the California State Fair with their pale ale called "MOmoMosaic." So good, but not bottled. I might have to get a growler of it.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
We did go to Stowe; took a peek at the mountain, and went to the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum. We stopped for pizza too, but I didn't have any beer there because I was driving on to Burlington. On the way back to Rochester, we stopped at Fiddlehead Brewery, but I only had a taste because I was driving again. I wonder if I could get any Alchemist beers in California? I'm going to ask at my local tap rooms. I love Vermont!

You can only get it in Vermont, unless someone brings it to you.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
002_zpseg1xaiyl.jpg

I like Belgians and faux-Belgians.

Sponsor

Staff online