• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Basic affordable Men's Shell ?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
HI

I was just at Costco today and they had an O'Neill Sector (yes the surfing wetsuit company) Costco item number 1165545 men's ski snow jacket shell with pit zips for $50. I was in a hurry so I grabbed one, figuring I could return it if I decide on something else.

The Jacket has some weird flaps with buttons on the inside ends, and a flap across the entire lower area, not sure what this is for perhaps its to attach to ski pants?

Anyone familiar with this jacket.

The flap/straps at the bottom I would guess most likely are a powder skirt. It also could be for a pants attachment. Maybe also for a 3-in-1 type design for a zipout midlayer.
TNF, columbia and other brand names have buttons and flaps for those features; so that would be the analogy.

I highly doubt anybody here knows your jacket, Post some pictures if you want some more opinions.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The TJ Max in my town has a lot of brand name ski jackets for under $200 right now.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
Patagonia snowshot shell has worked with for me over the past four or so seasons (jacket I am wearing in my avatar). it's a mid-priced shell with a two-layer water proofing system. I got it on 40% off sale...so it was still about $200. but, what really sealed the deal is Patagonia's warranty. I've had it repaired twice....and both times the repair was minor and didn't cost me anything additional. if that's not "affordable" in an "expensive" sport, I don't know what is, lol!

Sponsor

Staff online