• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am planning to join on Tuesday this week. I figure killing 3 weekend days on work travel in the last 3 week’s I’ve earned the day. As far as I know location is yet to be determined but likely Abasin or Loveland. The teams at Copper mean it will be crazy all week.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A step oi

That’s the one.

Yesterday was pretty good out there.

View attachment 33524

In other news, Loveland opened Chair 6.

Neat pic... I've never been, but I hear (on Nature Photog forums) that there are times of day/year where you can't get near Delicate Arch for all the photographers.

StuckonI70

Getting on the lift
Skier
Neat pic... I've never been, but I hear (on Nature Photog forums) that there are times of day/year where you can't get near Delicate Arch for all the photographers.

Just like skiers lining up for first chair, eh?
You have to get the shot!
photographersatmaroonbells.jpg

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Wow, i think i could be the fry guy at McDs if i had a view like that to look at every day. Just gotta get rid of those darned kids:)

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Thinking about playing hooky in the snow for a few hours in the morning.
But where?

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That Maroon Bells scene above is another well known "too many photographers" spot... Here's a pic from the web of the gathering at Delicate Arch :

delicate-arch.jpg

Yesterday’s treats required quite a bit more effort...

421F7694-8483-4D49-86AC-A0C32E318847.jpeg

Now it’s time to get back to skiing.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More rain than snow at Copper today. I think it was affecting some in a negative way. Stupid. People just in other people's space and not going over well.

I heard it was all snow at Luv.

I ran a 5K this morning in Broomfield, and it was freaking hot, nearly 70 by the finish. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I could have gone shirtless, but for scaring the women and small children.

Yikes, Vail only has ONE RUN open at Thanksgiving!

Elevation matters, as if it wasn't obvious. Summit County resorts and Loveland have substantially more terrain open because they have been able to make snow. It's clear the lower resorts are struggling with snowmaking. If this is what climate change looks like, the ski seasons at the lower elevation resorts just got considerably shorter.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I ran a 5K this morning in Broomfield, and it was freaking hot, nearly 70 by the finish. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I could have gone shirtless, but for scaring the women and small children.

Yeah, we took the dogs for a walk around 8:30. I grabbed a knit hat and a hoodie, thinking I'd be a bit chilly - instead, I was sweating the whole time, with the hat in my pocket.

I WANT SNOW.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
A potential pattern change looms next week. Potentially.

I’m going to take advantage of the warmth and get my Christmas lights up.

A stomach bug has pushed the turkey part of our celebration to the weekend - hoping to make some turns at Luv tomorrow if I don’t go down in the meantime.

Sponsor

Staff online