• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
2la7upe.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I'll bite:

155cm Head iSL (non-FIS)
167cm Hart F17
172cm Kastle LX 82
170cm Volkl Kenja
174cm Stockli SR 100 Motion

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Gotta respect a pole quiver. :hail:

Mostly the result of hoarding more than function but do have shorter poles for bumps. Friday I was riding up with a nice guy chatting. He was brand new to skiing and was venturing up the main chair. I paired up with him because there was a short line starting to form. Anyway, chatting away and he wasn't paying attention and wasn't savvy about picking up his poles as the chair crossed the mid station... WRECKED his poles :doh: I felt bad because I should have known to warn him. I asked if he rented the poles and he said they were his. I told him he could rent poles at the base for $5.00 and he agreed that would be best. But, at the top and turning down the easier way I realized he was BRAND NEW as in couldn't get around without poles so I gave him mine and took his broken ones down. He didn't want to accept the gift without paying and was getting his wallet out but I told him no worries, I have another set of poles at my car. They weren't expensive but it was handy to have spare poles. Saw him later having a blast with his kids learning to ski.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My quiver grew today. Here's what it was:

Blizzard WC Race SLs 156cm, 114 66.6 102 R13
Blizzard WRC 176cm 115 71 99 R19
Wagner Customs 171cm 134 95 118 R?

Today I skied on the new skis:

Romp Made For the US Army 170cm 135 106 125 R21
These are "blems" so the Army didn't want'em. Plain white ski skis like the old 10th Mtn Division skis. There is wording between the binding toe and heel pieces proclaiming them Made for the US Army in Crested Butte and the word Romp in bold print behind the binding heel.

Fun to ski on for the first day.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
THe Rossi board isn't mine. I picked it up for my four year old grandson. It'll be a while before he can use it.....
vcvyis.jpg

This is his third time on a board at age 3.

WHAT FUN!! Great video! Are you going to try to keep him both riding and skiing for a while?
Do his parents ride or ski {or both?}
Very, very cool!

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
WHAT FUN!! Great video! Are you going to try to keep him both riding and skiing for a while?
Do his parents ride or ski {or both?}
Very, very cool!

He'll continue to do both. He's the youngest of three boys. Last Christmas he asked Santa for a snowboard because grandpa rides one. His dad, a very good racer, wasn't a fan of snowboarding but he and the older boys are all now riding as well as skiing.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Hi! Just reconnecting with the forum now that ski season has started. For context, I'm 5'1" and ski Tahoe (got a Sugar Bowl pass this year) and probably a trip to Whistler and/or Utah this winter.

My quiver:
  • 2012/13 Nordica Nemesis - 153, 133-98-123, ~15m turning radius - love these, super zippy, but they're getting a bit beat up
  • 2015/16 Blizzard Samba - 159, 131-98-116, ~18m turning radius - got a crazy good deal on these at the end of last season for $380 unmounted. I only skied them 2-3 days so far (switched back to the Nemesis when the cover started to get thin), and so far, really happy. The one thing I wish is that they had a slightly smaller turning radius. I really like to make quick turns when the snow is packed and fast.
  • 2013/2014 Rossignol Star 7 - 162, 140-116-130, ~18/19m turning radius
I kinda wish I tried the new Nordica Santa Ana 93s before getting the Sambas, assuming they are somewhat similar to the Nemesis. But I really don't need them and can't justify the purchase, so now I don't want to try them because I don't want to know what I may be missing.

-laine

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi! Just reconnecting with the forum now that ski season has started. For context, I'm 5'1" and ski Tahoe (got a Sugar Bowl pass this year) and probably a trip to Whistler and/or Utah this winter.

My quiver:
  • 2012/13 Nordica Nemesis - 153, 133-98-123, ~15m turning radius - love these, super zippy, but they're getting a bit beat up
  • 2015/16 Blizzard Samba - 159, 131-98-116, ~18m turning radius - got a crazy good deal on these at the end of last season for $380 unmounted. I only skied them 2-3 days so far (switched back to the Nemesis when the cover started to get thin), and so far, really happy. The one thing I wish is that they had a slightly smaller turning radius. I really like to make quick turns when the snow is packed and fast.
  • 2013/2014 Rossignol Star 7 - 162, 140-116-130, ~18/19m turning radius
I kinda wish I tried the new Nordica Santa Ana 93s before getting the Sambas, assuming they are somewhat similar to the Nemesis. But I really don't need them and can't justify the purchase, so now I don't want to try them because I don't want to know what I may be missing.

-laine
The Santa Ana 93's are nothing like the Nemesis, they're more playful and turn a lot more quickly. They'd be a good compliment to your wide-ish quiver. You may like something even narrower to compliment your 98's as a daily driver.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
The Santa Ana 93's are nothing like the Nemesis, they're more playful and turn a lot more quickly. They'd be a good compliment to your wide-isa quiver. You may like something even narrower to compliment your 98's as a daily driver.

If you like quick turns on hard snow, I find that even narrower is key. :D

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
The Santa Ana 93's are nothing like the Nemesis, they're more playful and turn a lot more quickly. They'd be a good compliment to your wide-ish quiver. You may like something even narrower to compliment your 98's as a daily driver.

Yeah, having just bought the Sambas at the end of last season, I wouldn't get the Santa Ana 93s (unless something went really wrong with the Sambas). I have thought about maybe adding a mid-80s ski - but wouldn't even know where to start looking/demo-ing. I'm just not that familiar with the skis in this category.

That said - still tempted to try the Santa Ana 93s. :)

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, having just bought the Sambas at the end of last season, I wouldn't get the Santa Ana 93s (unless something went really wrong with the Sambas). I have thought about maybe adding a mid-80s ski - but wouldn't even know where to start looking/demo-ing. I'm just not that familiar with the skis in this category.

That said - still tempted to try the Santa Ana 93s. :)
:D
That's why you have me in your life.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Line up of the family quiver designated for the trip to Whistler. All tuned, waxed and a few remounts due to new boot.
The Pod has a room for only 13 pairs. Gotta make room for the wax table so we can make it through April.

From the left. 4 for Mamie. 6 for me. 2 for Andrew and we have 1 space left for my niece.
Andrew also poached on my wider skis when he is in the mood. Usually he is not in the mood.
My niece will be flying back with her ski mid January so that means we have room for at least one new pair on the way back. :thumb::thumb::D

LR_Ski To Go.jpg

EdwardsZino

Booting up
Skier
I'll bite as well. New here, but moved back to Colorado recently and getting back into the swing of things.

All my skis are up in Edwards right now, so I don't have a picture. For context, 5' 10" former weekend regular from Denver. Moved away 7 years ago and this will be my first season back, with only a handful of ski days since 2009. My quiver is:
  • 15/16 Nordica Enforcer 100 185cm - loving these after only 2 days. Got them off @Ron and couldn't be happier
  • 13/14 Volkl Shiro 183cm - found these at the back of the rack at one of the tent sales this summer and couldn't stop myself. Mainly aspirational, but can't wait to break them out.
  • 07/08 Head Supershape Magnum 170cm(?) - these were the last pair I had before I left Colorado. Ended up using them primarily off-piste. Not the easiest ski in that terrain, but had a lot of good runs on them. Planned to use them for early season skiing this year, but couldn't wait to get on the Enforcers.
  • 04/05 Salomon Pocket Rockets 170cm (?) - these were the skis I really came up on. I remember when they came out and it was an entirely different kind of ski for me. Skiing a 90mm underfoot ski everyday felt edgy at the time. They're certainly too short and worn out now, but I'd still like to break them out for old time's sake at some point this year. Maybe closing day at A-Bay?
I'm taking applications for a sub-84mm frontsider as well, likely when the offseason rolls around and some deals spring up. I'm seeing good things about the current supershapes, which would be some nice continuity.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20161216_101750.jpg
IMG_20161216_101757.jpg
IMG_20161216_101757.jpg
IMG_20161216_101750.jpg

Not mine, but I thought I'd share today's spotting  yes that's a 710 but only an FO . If you look really carefully that is a set of Rossi axioms in back.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Line up of the family quiver designated for the trip to Whistler. All tuned, waxed and a few remounts due to new boot.
The Pod has a room for only 13 pairs. Gotta make room for the wax table so we can make it through April.

From the left. 4 for Mamie. 6 for me. 2 for Andrew and we have 1 space left for my niece.
Andrew also poached on my wider skis when he is in the mood. Usually he is not in the mood.
My niece will be flying back with her ski mid January so that means we have room for at least one new pair on the way back. :thumb::thumb::D

View attachment 17230
Hah...you liked the Mantras so much you got the whole Volkl mid fat line? Can I claim any credit for that?

CalvinM

AMGA Aspirant Rock Guide and Ski Newb
Skier
I am in Patagonia dreaming of skiing as I watch the storm forecasts for Tahoe. Only a week more and I will be back stateside after more than two months down here.

So I thought I would share my current quiver:

2015 Head Rev 85 Pro(170cm)- using this currently as my teach and clinic ski. Only have a couple weeks on the ski after spending some time last season deciding between 170 and 177(still have these two). Feels compliant and easy to ski.

2017 Nordica Enforcer 100(177cm)-bought this ski after all the recommendations(here and blister). As my first ski with metal it took some getting used to. But I had one of my best days last season on the ski where I felt like I found the right stance(more forward of course) and for the first time felt like I was riding on top of a ski without working for it. "Surfing" would be a good analogy. Loved the hell out of that feeling.

2014 Nordica Vagabond 107(177cm) - these are my deeper day skis and I go back and forth on them. I have thought of replacing the Vagabonds a number of times but I will give them some more days this season first. I know they are supposed to be a quick ski but I have felt them to be cumbersome at times(maybe the length for me?)

Still in the wrapper:
2015 Fischer Motive 95ti(174cm) -. Intrigued to try these out this season.

Beat to hell:
2014 Nordica Hell and Back(169cm) - my first ski that I bought as a demo pair from Mike at Alpine. I still love the feel of the HnB. Great finish to turns when carving. Feel easy to lay over. Enough float when there is fresh. Hopefully the motives replace them.

About me: 35 year old intermediate/advanced skier, 5'10" 145lbs, ski mostly Alpine and Squaw. I am a new skier(under 3 years of real experience) who has caught the bug. I am planning on spending some time this season documenting my progress including gear choices(maybe here?)

Sponsor