• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I picked this up to use as a carry on boot bag for my upcoming trip to Chile. There is one compartment meant for boots but I can fit my boots and goggles in a hard case in that compartment. Helmet has its own compartment. Then another section for other necessities. It does have ski carry capability but without a hip belt I likely wouldn't use it for that unless desperate. I like it so much that I suspect I'll sell my Transpack this fall.

View attachment 27049 View attachment 27050

I NEED a new one of those!!

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I picked this up to use as a carry on boot bag for my upcoming trip to Chile. There is one compartment meant for boots but I can fit my boots and goggles in a hard case in that compartment. Helmet has its own compartment. Then another section for other necessities. It does have ski carry capability but without a hip belt I likely wouldn't use it for that unless desperate. I like it so much that I suspect I'll sell my Transpack this fall.

View attachment 27049 View attachment 27050

That is a good looking bag, can you give me a like to where you got it?
Thanks

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Thanks, picked up a bag.... and a pair of very bright pants because I needed a second pair for week long trips

Marmot La Meije pants.. Supposedly the color is Citronelle.... I'll call it yellow. Should clash nicely with my blue/grey jacket
IMG_0061.JPG

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Thanks, picked up a bag.... and a pair of very bright pants because I needed a second pair for week long trips

Marmot La Meije pants.. Supposedly the color is Citronelle.... I'll call it yellow. Should clash nicely with my blue/grey jacket
View attachment 27111

I used to wear neon pants during college days to be "cool". Now I'm attracted to them as a safety device lest I get run over.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Spec says 55L size. Would that fit in the overhead or under a seat?

Volume-wise, it just might. I looked up a website with airlines' allowed carry-on sizes and picked Alaska Airlines more or less at random. I got the measurements and did the math to determine the cubic inches, then got on a cubic inches to liters conversion site. I won't bore you with the answer, because whether it fits carry-on regs has as much to do with the shape as the volume...that, and give a man a fish etc.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Abol98

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Over for the Canadian airlines. Not by much. 22 x 14 1/2 x 12. Needs to be, 21 x 15 x 9 for Air Canada or WestJet. Damn I did like it though.

I purchased that bag this year also (through REI) - very happy so far. I was taking a trip by flying standby only (ie: no checked bags) and fit 8 days worth of clothes and gear in that thing - with some dilligent planning. (pro tip: reversable flannel shirt!) I flew United and a local commuter airline into SLC, and neither airline batted an eye at stuffing that bag - at full capacity - into the overhead. No way it would fit under a seat though.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Over for the Canadian airlines. Not by much. 22 x 14 1/2 x 12. Needs to be, 21 x 15 x 9 for Air Canada or WestJet. Damn I did like it though.

WestJet, this past Feb, and United a couple of years back are the only two airlines that have asked me to put my Athalon over/under boot bag in the carry on sizer at the gate. I lost out both times. This year I'm going with the Douchebag 30L backpack in the overhead and the boots loose, under the seat. Both will go in/on the DB ski bag at the destination airport.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Been super happy with both my Co Freeride jackets and my FTP mitts. My hands run cold and those things are great. With way less break-in time than Kincos.

Just got a pair of FTP SX gloves and these are built to last. They now have a removable insulated liner that is PLUSH, fit is great and they are having a sale on all their gloves right now. Sounds like they make pretty nice MTB gloves too.

https://www.freethepowder.com/

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did some measuring last night and I think worst case scenario for me is I take my helmet out of the bag then in will compress down to the required bag size but I've never had United check me, even when I had a rollaboard that was a bit too big (which I've since replaced with one that meets most requirements. Coming back I am on Air Canada so I realize there is a bit of chance that I'll end up checking it but I'm not as concerned on the return as I won't need my boots again for a couple of months.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
As long as we are giving kudos to @SkiEssentials, I recently had a great experience with them. I wanted to buy a pair of the 2017 Blizzard Cochise in a size that they thought they had in stock at the time of placing the order. We went through the whole ordering process only to find out that they did not have that size. They immediately contacted me and offered an upgrade to the 2018 model for the same, highly discounted price as the 2017's. The whole process was handled really well and I'm happy to recommend them to anyone.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January