• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OH Yeah, looking forward to that. @JohnL looks good in a PENS Jersey

Took me a while to dig this photo up:

900x900px-LL-ffa67aa0_blueknob20feb10+043.jpg

It was from that glorious Feb, 2010 Gathering at Blue Knob, PA when the snow was so good:
900x900px-LL-a6e3a145_blueknob21feb10+049.jpg

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
YES @Jim Kenney that's the one. Bullwinkle hat and all. Glad your pictures were backed up the world would have hated to lose this historical perspective.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Finally here!
La Coupe Stanley
Finals FINALLY here... am I the only one that thinks this should happen in April? :huh:
Season is TOOOooooo long

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Agree season is too long. My season is over in April and it feels right. Sens as it turns out were really banged up. I suspect Pens are too.. Preds not so sure. Pens I think will triumph. Let the final begin!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Finally here!
La Coupe Stanley
Finals FINALLY here... am I the only one that thinks this should happen in April? :huh:
Season is TOOOooooo long

Agree season is too long. My season is over in April and it feels right. Sens as it turns out were really banged up. I suspect Pens are too.. Preds not so sure. Pens I think will triumph. Let the final begin!

Finals need to be in late March or April. Too hot to wear favorite hockey sweaters during the playoffs when it's past mid April. Hurricanes wn the Cup on m,y birthday 2006... June freakin' 19th!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Here's to the Pens playing well tonight for game 2. That last one, while getting the win, was not one of their better outing this playoff season!
Not ONE shot on goal in the second period. A franchise FIRST (and I hope LAST!)

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
That was an odd game. The stupidity of the off-side review was on display for the whole world to enjoy... :nono:

I don't put too much stock in shots on net. People always go on about how a team is getting shots on net and all that crap. Yeah, but if they're shooting from the blue line they're just blindfolded and praying. They did what they had to do. Games are tough to win this time of year.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've said this more than once on these boards. I'm totally against mid game video review of any call in any sport, except perhaps track and field and horse racing photo finish to determine who crossed the finish line first. Everything else is played by humans and officiated by humans in real time at all levels through high school so it should also be 100% officiated by humans in real time. I am in favor of post game video review of dirty plays for the purpose of handing out fines and suspensions for things refs missed. So, to protect players and discourage cheap shots I'm cool with post game video review.. but to change the status of a competition mid game after the fact where a ref/umpire made a call ruins the event IMHO.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Boy, the Pens were on fire last night! Some "interesting" calls--and non-calls--by the refs. The Pens have such depth in their team, it's good to see so much talent there in spite of tough injuries all season. Saturday night in Nashville (how is it that cities without snow get to have a hockey team?) will be a battle, so LET'S GO, PENS!!

Sponsor

Staff online