• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
'Crosby, Sheary diagnosed with concussions'

"Captain Sidney Crosby has been diagnosed with a concussion and will not play in Game 4 of the Pens' Second Round series against Washington on Wednesday night at PPG Paints Arena.

"We will evaluate him day-to-day," head coach Mike Sullivan said. "He will go through the protocols that we always put our guys through when they've been diagnosed with a concussion."

Crosby suffered the concussion on Monday night following a play five minutes into the first period. During the sequence Crosby was driving to the net when Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin's stick caught him in the head.

Ovechkin also clipped Crosby's skate, causing the Pens center to lose balance and fall toward the side of the crease. At that point Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen collided with Crosby, again catching him in the helmet.

Crosby, who hours earlier had been named as an NHL MVP candidate for the Hart Trophy, left the game and did not return.

On the play Crosby's right leg was also caught under him as he was falling. But Sullivan said there was no lower-body injury for Crosby.

Niskanen was given a five-minute major for cross checking and a game misconduct on the play. He did not receive any further supplemental disciplinary action via the NHL Department of Player Safety.

Niskanen said he was "absolutely not" trying to injure Crosby following the game."

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well I guess you can stick a fork in the Caps. Kind of a cheap way to win last night..I wouldn't be too proud if I were Bonino..but..it's playoffs..do what you gotta do..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bringing a series back from 3-1 to 3-2 isn't anything to get all that excited about yet. Most teams up 3-1 tend to coast and rest folks to have fresher legs when they get back home and close it out there.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well talk about letting them back in the series!!! :nono:

Ovie on the third line?? Seems to be working..Pens can't get through the neutral zone. What are they averaging, 5 shots a period the last 2 games?? Unreal. I've been watching the Caps hammer the Pens for a while wondering if it was going to catch up to the Pens eventually. Game 7..whodathunk?? Going to be good.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Now we are getting down to it!!!
:wag:

sid and the flower.jpg

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The Washington Capitals walk into a bar. Everybody orders a drink. They finish drinking and they have another. The bartender asks if they want to start a tab. Ovechkin comes out and says "No Thanks, we always stop at the second round"

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
And then there were FOUR!!!!
Who are people liking to close this out? (mine goes without saying!)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd like to see a team win who has never won.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't know where to post this, but there's WC:s in hockey going on in Köln. Sweden just defeated Canada. Rangers King Henrik stepped up and "won" the game that went to penalty shots.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wth happaned to Ottowa? 7-0? It was 3-0 when I turned it on halfway in the 1st period.

Sponsor

Staff online