• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Finally needed a sled ride; season over :-(

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Sorry to hear. Kudos go Josh for helping you out in an emergency. I guess you could try to find someone with an automatic that lives near you to drive up and swap cars for the drive home.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh nooo!!!! I'm pretty sure @Tricia can find another jacket to burn in your honor if you are unable to make it to the Mother's Day gathering. ;) Heal fast...

PS: I'm also pretty sure that @SBrown 's nephew might have learned some words hanging out with us last week. :rolleyes:

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I feel for you. I've been a lefty for the past week ... sprained my right wrist in a skiing-related incident. Sweatpants are my new business casual. Heal well.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to hear that! Hope you heal fast and well.

FWIW being a lefty ain't all that bad, welcome to the tribe.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Oh nooo!!!! I'm pretty sure @Tricia can find another jacket to burn in your honor if you are unable to make it to the Mother's Day gathering. ;) Heal fast...

PS: I'm also pretty sure that @SBrown 's nephew might have learned some words hanging out with us last week. :rolleyes:

I might have to go back to wearing the old jacket... I never got injured wearing that one! :duck:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ouch! I buried a tip and slammed my shoulder my last run of the Gathering but nowhere near the damage you suffered. Heal up. We will ski Stowe and Smuggs on NE Gathering weekend if there is anything worth skiing and we will miss you.

Marc

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Bummer, Kevin. If you end up having to drive your car (I've done it with the right arm in a sling), check with your insurance agent before you do.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Skied Stowe again on Sunday with @SKI-3PO and his son. We were trying to catch a better vantage point for watching some U10 races when my ski tip got stuck in a hole, I got vaulted over and landed on my right shoulder. Ski3po went down to get patrol who sledded me down the last 200 yards.

An ambulance ride to the Morrisville hospital confirmed a humerus fracture along with a dislocation. :( The dislocation is fixed... the fracture will take a while. I guess I'll get some practice at being a lefty for a bit.

And many thanks to @Josh Matta for doing some car shuffling and putting me up for a day or two... Haven't yet figured out how I'm getting home. Broken right arm and a manual transmission car don't go well together. :(

:nono:

Oww Ow Ow Ow. Top notch typing skillz tho.

I've driven 5spd with a thumb-to elbow cast but it's probably too fresh to put pressure on, eh?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ouch!! That dislocation will probably require more rehab than you think, but I'll echo what others have said and say a big "WHEW" it wasn't a knee or something like that! And I, too, have driven a manual with only my left arm, so it might be worth a try.

Anyway, sorry to hear about this. I know a thing or two about season-ending injuries :rolleyes:

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ouch!! That dislocation will probably require more rehab than you think, but I'll echo what others have said and say a big "WHEW" it wasn't a knee or something like that! And I, too, have driven a manual with only my left arm, so it might be worth a try.

Yeah I broke the other humerus (I try to remain symmetrical) years ago... the rehab is going to suck.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah I broke the other humerus (I try to remain symmetrical) years ago... the rehab is going to suck.
I'm thinking now is a good time to try to stop that whole symmetry idea:0

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Sponsor

Staff online