• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017 Gathering - Whistle/Blackcomb - March 5 - 11, 2017

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Vancouver truly has the best shu mai I've ever had, compared to 4 years in SF, 12 years in LA, and dining around Taipei, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong.
Ohhh, where did you go for dim sum!?

Peter and I are flying out tonight on a red eye. I'm torn - spend the morning/ afternoon in Vancouver and have dim sum, or drive straight up and make the first day of skiing...we'll see how we feel after the flight. We land at 3am!

Kara

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Edge card purchased! One shift and two sleeps. ogsmile. Looking forward to placing faces with names!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Vancouver truly has the best shu mai I've ever had, compared to 4 years in SF, 12 years in LA, and dining around Taipei, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong.

We call it Hongcouver... :D All of my Cantonese centres around dim sum foods...that and "You have smelly farts"... :roflmao:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Western Lake Chinese Seafood Restaurant
4989 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC V5P 3T7

But you are not going there Sunday. You are to report to Whistler directly.

The portion size was very generous, or yuge as Trump would say. They use lots of shrimp in their ingredients. The Chinese market next door is decent.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are in the house!!! What are the plans tonight? I could actually use a couple of hands to unload demos, let me know if you can.

17155395_10154870113306138_6940634831550255441_n.jpg

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Western Lake Chinese Seafood Restaurant
4989 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC V5P 3T7

But you are not going there Sunday. You are to report to Whistler directly.
Hmmmmmm....I don't know. You said this is the best in the world though! Best dim sum in the world vs. one ski day? ... best dim sum in the world is maybe a once in a lifetime experience for me...
The problem is, what do we do between 5am-10am in Vancouver? Thinking of going to Stanley park and sleeping in the car....
We shall see what happens....

K

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK..what skis tomorrow, Bonafides or Renoun Z90?

If anyone wants demos to try, we have a few with us but you will have to get them at the end of the night, the day before and meet us at the Wildwood Lodge.

DPS:
Alchemist 106 168
Alchemist 95 178
Foundation 112 184

Renoun:
Z90 165
Z90 174
Z90 180
Endurance 98 184

Blizzard:
Black Pearl 98 166
Bonafide 180

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone wants demos to try, we have a few with us but you will have to get them at the end of the night, the day before and meet us at the Wildwood Lodge.

I definitely will take advantage. Thanks! Want to get acquainted with the hill and snow conditions for a day before jumping in, though.

TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
Sorry for being late to the post. Was out all night with a couple strange look fellows that showed up nearby..

March 5, 2017

8:15 am- Meet up Beside Excalibur Gondola at Light Tower Base in Whistler Village.

11:00 am - Lunch, The Glacier Creek Lodge, Blackcomb side bottom of Jersey Cream Lift and Glacier Lift.

Tomorrow night I'll post lunch place for Monday.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Heads up, I checked about the day lockers at Carleton Lodge; while it starts at $12 CDN for lockers, they were out of order today and not sure if they'll be working tomorrow. For those people who normally boot up at the base, you might want to think about booting up at your accommodations or parking lot.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK..what skis tomorrow, Bonafides or Renoun Z90?

DPS:
Alchemist 106 168
Alchemist 95 178
Foundation 112 184

Renoun:
Z90 165
Z90 174
Z90 180
Endurance 98 184

Blizzard:
Black Pearl 98 166
Bonafide 180

Yes, definitely the Z-90 in 174, but probably not for tomorrow. I'm back from gallivanting and cavorting (really just a trip to the IGA) and back in the condo. Maybe Sunday night, ski Monday. Wildwood Lodge is where, Upper Village?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Hey Phil, Vicky, Tricia and Co., be funny if you were passing through my neck of the woods just about the time I'm leaving my neck of the woods.

passed your way at 2pm today ! Again at La Cantina at 8:15pm.

BTW, IGA grocery at Whistler Marketplace closes at 10pm not 9

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For those who skied Saturday, what is the ski for the day today?
Are we thinking carving ski, powder ski or something in between?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am going with a 100 underfoot.
Was on a 116 on Sat. Great for the soft & cut up but the groomer & run ots got progressively worse through the day.
A 108 if you are bias toward the bowls & back. An 88 for groomer is good.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am going with a 100 underfoot.
Was on a 116 on Sat. Great for the soft & cut up but the groomer & run ots got progressively worse through the day.
A 108 if you are bias toward the bowls & back. An 88 for groomer is good.
Bonafide it is.

Sponsor

Staff online