• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017 Gathering - Whistle/Blackcomb - March 5 - 11, 2017

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
So it's official the 2017 Gathering is now announced.

http://www.epicski.com/t/146634/2017-epic-gathering-whistle-blackcomb-march-5-11-2017

Reposting here... same.

It's my pleasure to announce the 2017 Epic Gathering will be held at:

Whistler Blackcomb - Sunday March 5 to Saturday March 11th, 2017

Why Whistler Blackcomb, other than it's truly Epic?

The Whistler Blackcomb website answers this question as well as I ever could right here:

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/discover/why-whistler
Follow down that link and it explains all the reasons to go there and doesn't exaggerate and will show it is, truly epic.

Why only 1 resort?

Follow down that link and you will see that the terrain at Whistler Blackcomb is equal to more terrain then we normally cover going to several. I'm sure those of who go will wish they had more than a week when they are done.

If this doesn't convince you, a few photos might.

Come for the artwork.
IMG_3619_ps_3.jpg

The view down Ruby Bowl after climbing Spanky's Ladder,
IMG_3638.JPG

The great snow, (opening day) IMG_3689.jpg

Yes it really does and can have great snow.
IMG_3690_1_1.jpg

Crystal Hut Waffles, worth trip alone. IMG_3708.JPG

Come for the views IMG_3717.JPG
Come to take facebook photos from the Cyrstal Hut patio. IMG_3718.JPG
Directions to the rest of the world.
IMG_3723.JPG
Did I mention SKIING down Ruby Bowl?
IMG_4799.jpg

The Olympic Village IMG_4805_ps.jpg
where else can you get cool facebook photos in the Olympic Rings? IMG_4827_dpst.jpg
Short walk to the Blackcomb Glacier.
IMG_5181_1.jpg

For more information and links for passports and lodging information please follow the announcements on Epic Ski.
http://www.epicski.com/t/146634/2017-epic-gathering-whistle-blackcomb-march-5-11-2017

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yay!
Are you referring Pugskiers to the Epic roll call thread, or starting one here and hoping people are smart enough to avoid duplication?

TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
Yay!
Are you referring Pugskiers to the Epic roll call thread, or starting one here and hoping people are smart enough to avoid duplication?
Well....That's a good point. I thought about running two roll calls, but worried about duplicating but we could put one on here for those that are not members on Epic or going there and keep it separate as a tally for pugski. I'll add one for that so we know who to expect.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well....That's a good point. I thought about running two roll calls, but worried about duplicating but we could put one on here for those that are not members on Epic or going there and keep it separate as a tally for pugski. I'll add one for that so we know who to expect.
OK, now I'm experiencing an existential crisis, or crisis of identity.

I added my name to the Epic roll call, but tend to spend more bandwidth these days here on Pugski. So mutt-hounds on this forum who don't traverse back to Epic won't know if I'm going. But I don't want to double-roll call because that makes life more complicated for the Gathermeister. And I don't want to un-roll call at Epic just so I can roll call here, because that would be tacky and uncivil.

Life is hell.

James

Out There
Instructor
Just put both usernames. It's not like the roll call is sacrosanct. Nobody even knows how many come.

TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider

I added my name to the Epic roll call, but tend to spend more bandwidth these days here on Pugski. So mutt-hounds on this forum who don't traverse back to Epic won't know if I'm going. But I don't want to double-roll call because that makes life more complicated for the Gathermeister. And I don't want to un-roll call at Epic just so I can roll call here, because that would be tacky and uncivil.

Life is hell.
Feel free to add a note to the roll call that you are signed up on epic. So then all will know but you won't be in the list.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just put both usernames. It's not like the roll call is sacrosanct. Nobody even knows how many come.
We could have a contest like the "guess how many jelly beans in the jar" for how many attend. Except there is no way to tell who won.
Of course, with those jelly-bean contests, do you think they really count them? Or just pick an entry they like?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Life is hell.

My dilemma is that I signed up to the Whistler Gathering roll call but now I can't remember at which ski forum.:eek:

James

Out There
Instructor
Well it's worse when you rmove from only one.
@mdf, any idea of roll call vs show up at Aspen?

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
We could have a who showed up in Aspen thread and check it vs the role call, or if you didn't make it but on the going list you could say didn't make it ,life got in the way kindda thing. We did have a great showing in Aspen though

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably a late decider, but have already looked at highway routes in case I enlist Vince for a roadtrip from Utah. 1000 miles is just one (big) day of driving for us:) We enjoy the camaraderie of the group and the Gathermeisters this time are one of the all-time great fun couples to hang with at a ski hill. Especially on their home turf!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well it's worse when you rmove from only one.
@mdf, any idea of roll call vs show up at Aspen?

I think I estimated soemwhere around 50, out of the approximately 70 on the roll call, but there is a lot of windage in that estimate.
There were 32 people at the voting party at my condo.

If I had done it right away, I could have made a list of people I knew were at the Gathering but not the vote...

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just browsed through the 69 names on the epic list. I can count 49 that were definitely present at the Aspen gathering. The list does not included Phil, Tricia and a few of the CO crews that I saw floating around.

But since I'm old & slow, a few probably gotten around me while I wasn't looking.

James

Out There
Instructor
I think I estimated soemwhere around 50, out of the approximately 70 on the roll call, but there is a lot of windage in that estimate.
There were 32 people at the voting party at my condo.

If I had done it right away, I could have made a list of people I knew were at the Gathering but not the vote...
Well you can add at least 10 that I know of to the 32.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got our 2016/17 WB season passes in the mail. We are ready to roll. :yahoo:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably a late decider, but have already looked at highway routes in case I enlist Vince for a roadtrip from Utah. 1000 miles is just one (big) day of driving for us:) We enjoy the camaraderie of the group and the Gathermeisters this time are one of the all-time great fun couples to hang with at a ski hill. Especially on their home turf!
Jim, these days they have these things called "airplanes" which could take you from SLC to Seattle for reasonable amounts of currency. There are also such things as "friends" who live in the area and could give you a ride to Whistler. Just saying.....

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have my Edge Card, plus a week at the Cascade Lodge reserved. :yahoo::yahoo::daffy:

Sponsor