• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017 Gathering - Whistle/Blackcomb - March 5 - 11, 2017

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We are going for the lunch meet. See you then!

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
So Tomorrow morning

March 7, 2017

8:15 - meet up at Blackcomb Light tower beside Excalibur (Blackcomb) Gondola to group up by 8:30 and get on lifts.

11:00 to 11:15 - Lunch Meet up at the Whistler side, Roundhouse (top of Whistler Gondola) any morning late comers feel free to find us around this time.

TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
So the vote for next year's gathering........... Glacier Creek Lodge (same as lunch today)

VOTE

2:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - Glacier Creek Lodge

Think about where you want to have it and volunteer to be gathermeister for where you'd like to have it.

Tuesday we will meet up at 2 to 2:15 pm at the Glacier Creek lodge and try to find a quiet corner (it is usually emptying by 2pm) to discuss and vote on this. Aiming to have the vote done by 3pm and get another run in for any that want it or ski down for the day.

TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
So Tomorrow morning

March 6, 2017

8:15 - meet up at Blackcomb Light tower beside Excalibur (Blackcomb) Gondola to group up by 8:30 and get on lifts.

11:00 to 11:15 - Lunch Meet up at the Whistler side, Roundhouse (top of Whistler Gondola) any morning late comers feel free to find us around this time.

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To be fair, they did start jumping through an actual ring of fire a little later.
Yes they did, however you really couldn't see whatever trick they were doing in the air; you'd figure after 20 years they could illuminate the airspace where they're jumping.

Maybe Vail cut costs and pulled a few plugs.

Reactions: mdf

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mother Nature worked over night to freshen thing up this morning.

Weather R306.jpg

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thought I was in the intermediate group? Why am I so still?
Have a great day all

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Did you graduate? Get promoted?

You left a big hole. Gathermeister sent in a bunch of reinforcements. We're breaking them in. Or down. Whichever.

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Brought the photo kit out today and skied with Grump's group in the morning and with Phil's intermediate group in the afternoon. Amazing snow in the morning and in fact all day. Soft and creamy on the edges even on the last run down. Thanks to Matt Smith for heading down with me after my ski break popped off! Looks like rentals for the rest of the week...

I'll post a few select shots below and a few others to Epic, here's the link to the full Day 2 album.

Matt ripping it up early
day2-4.jpg

@JohnL leading Grump's group out of a traverse up top
day2-14.jpg

Most of Philpug's advanced intermediates regrouping after an interesting tree run.
day2-29.jpg

Kara later in the day
day2-38.jpg

The view looking down from the Peak2Peak
day2-40.jpg

Attachments

• day2-41.jpg
    day2-41.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1
TS
Gathermeister-Whistler

Gathermeister-Whistler

Booting up
Industry Insider
Okay so groups don't need to stop twice tomorrow, lunch and the vote.... Lunch will be latish. Feel free to stop for a snack as needed. Almost forgot to post, sorry was falling asleep. If you were hoping to meet up later than the morning start, send a PM to me tonight for how to contact me or arrange to send a message to someone you want to meet up with prior to the lunch.

8:15 - Morning Meet up, same place, Excalibur Gondola

1:30 - Lunch at the Glacier Creek Lodge. Vote right after

2:00 to 2:15 - find space for vote.

Hopefully this is late enough to find space together. I liked how empty the round house was today early but I didn't want to change the meet up for the vote tomorrow.

Sponsor

Staff online