• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I just looked at weather.com - next weekend looks relatively cold (the front cold mentioned above), and showers for Sunday. I am thinking to hit Rose on Saturday. Still to be confirmed, but this is how it's looking. Let me know if you are coming and need a ticket, I have plenty of buddy ticket discounts (I think you pay like 60, you can check online). And you know you are my buddy :)
Day pass is $60 now. Sunday is $25 for locals. Not sure what defines "local". $60 is less than the buddy pass was. Have fun!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Mt Rose is also offering 4 tickets for $99 - must all be used the same day. Hopefully you can find enough non-passholders skiing to buy with to get your cost down.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Will they take a property tax statement? My driver's license says Santa Rosa, but I am a property owner in Truckee. . .
Can't hurt to try. You can't be the only one in that boat.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Inlaws are in town. WIfe informed me it would be insulting to them to disappear to go skiing for a day. Debating whether to appeal to their good intentions . . . or just annoy the hell out of them so they want me gone for a day :huh:. The "welcome" surf and turf I grilled for them last night has started me off on the good son-in-law foot, but :decisions:

You seem to misunderstand your wife's intentions. Your in-laws don't really like you, and would be happy to see you gone for the day. Your wife on the other hand wants:
1) A buffer to ease the pain of her parents being there
2) You to be there so the in-laws can see what a fantastic solid marriage their daughter has
3) You to stay at home so she can prove who is the boss, and you staying proves it.

I say:
1) They are HER parents, and going skiing will increase the quality time she can spend with HER parents :wave:
2) Your in-laws will see the STRENGTH of your marriage in that you feel comfortable going skiing when they are visiting :wave:
3) It's the end of the season, who knows how many more turns you are gonna get. Are you a MAN or a freaking mouse :wave:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I just looked at weather.com - next weekend looks relatively cold (the front cold mentioned above), and showers for Sunday. I am thinking to hit Rose on Saturday. Still to be confirmed, but this is how it's looking. Let me know if you are coming and need a ticket, I have plenty of buddy ticket discounts (I think you pay like 60, you can check online). And you know you are my buddy :)

Actually you can now get one Buddy Ticket FREE per day!!!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Inlaws are in town. WIfe informed me it would be insulting to them to disappear to go skiing for a day. Debating whether to appeal to their good intentions . . . or just annoy the hell out of them so they want me gone for a day :huh:. The "welcome" surf and turf I grilled for them last night has started me off on the good son-in-law foot, but :decisions:
I triple dog dare ya! It's gotta be easier than getting out of a nice warm bed to ski in soup!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd comment but my wife said I should stay out of it.
This may have to go into the quotes of the season thread. But I know what you mean.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would answer, but I fear my wife would kill me. It isn't fear. It is deep respect and admiration.

You are mistaken, it is clearly fear!!!!! :roflmao:

That being said, Mrs. Started at 53 asked me my user name the other day after I sent her some links to reviews on Renoun Z-77's and the info on the Utah Gathering. :D

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
graphic.aspx

On Friday, expect some cloudy conditions developing overnight, should clear by Friday afternoon. Expect less than an inch from this system.

The May 15-17 system has changed for the better.
3ad2a626e5.png

10-20" in the Tahoe area is forecast on both EC and GFS. Snow level = 4000ft. Hopefully this trend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online